Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody tell me what wheels will fit my 1999 duck 996? Im looking to go to a lighter wheel obviously but want the newer spoke design. I found a set of 1098 Carrozeria but am unsure if they will be a bolt on.

·
Premium Member
2,244 Posts
They won't bolt on. You'll need some things to make the front work and the rear 1098 wheel is for the larger hub. If it was a 848 wheel the rear would bolt right up.

·
Registered
279 Posts
your best option is buy some 2000+ 996 wheels or 998 wheels as they will fit fine and are the nice 5 spoke design which are lighter than the older 3 spokes. they will fit directly on your 996.

otherwise might as well just buy some carbon BSTs or similar which will give a really decent weight saving and can be bought with the correct axle/hub type to fit straight on too.

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,875 Posts
The Oz are great looking, but get the black if you go that route. From the photos I was expecting the gold to be close to the awesome old "chromate gold" the race bikes had about 15 years ago. Unfortunately, it's not nearly that cool in person.

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
I've been very happy with my Marchesini 10-spoke and they are similar style to 848/1198.

Much lighter than the old 3-spoke and bring a modern look to the bike;

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,875 Posts
You can buy those 10 spokes specifically for the 996 application (in forged Al or Mg), but they are expensive and almost never come up for sale used. Wheels from other models require significant modification to your bike and you generally would lose your speedometer, which is driven off the front wheel (later bikes are not). Your best bets are almost all 5-spoke varieties; late stock Marchesini cast aluminum, forged aluminum like the Oz or PVM, Marchesini/Dymag/Marvic magnesium, or BST carbon fiber.

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've spoken to Speedking about some Carrozeria wheels in red. Selling off first born to finance, wife is next when I go big brakes.............................I thank you all for your input. As a matter of fact anyone with experience with Carro's speak up.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I've been very happy with my Marchesini 10-spoke and they are similar style to 848/1198.

Much lighter than the old 3-spoke and bring a modern look to the bike;

very neat bike mate. :) they do make it more modern looking and the little carbon touches and ohlins forks with the radial mount brembo's don't hurt either... :)

personally thought I still love the 5 spokes on the 916 type bikes. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts