Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Fantastic Abbott!
Looking forward to hearing the results of you testing it out..
Did you go with the 900SS crank for the extra capacity or did you stick with standard capacity?
Will you be getting it tuned on the dyno? What exhaust and chip are you running?
Just stuck with the original crank. Sort of a budget build. Working with what i have and a little extra here and there. It'll have a 5AM ECU and harness from a newer ST4S. Again, because its readily available.

Exhaust entales OEM headers to the 45/50mm X pipe and 50mm Leo Vince pipes. I think they're Ti. Aluminum subframes, IRC quick shifter, magnesium rear wheel

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Very nice Abbott, very nice!
Like I said earlier, will be curious to hear about your impressions once you've had your way with her.. ;)
Oh, and don't be shy with the pics!

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
It looks good. I know budget and things are finally coming around for The Time Machine. After cutting up the harness and rerouting the battery and ECU, I more or less did away with the sub frame. I believe I made several hasty decision on this in the past in the name of weight reduction, but it still works and doesn't weigh anything. (not a thread hijack, just talking)

·
Registered
81 Posts
well, customer work has been piling up so things slowed down a little on this motor but I've finally got it back together. Added a KBike slipper. Looking forward to testing it out.
Hi Abbott,
just curious; what did you use to get the engine block so fantastic "shiny" ??
Love what you did so far!
Peter

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Hi Abbott,
just curious; what did you use to get the engine block so fantastic "shiny" ??
Love what you did so far!
Peter
I just wiped it down good with bike spirits (spray can polish). Awesome stuff. Can use it on almost anything on a bike. Just keep it away from rotors and tires!

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Abbott! Look at you, steppin' out with the non conformist blue frame and wheels! I like it. I mean, I really like it! And i'm now very curious to see this project as a whole motorcycle

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
Looks like they did a great job. Where are they located?

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Yeah a customers ST with a dreadful past. His whole shop burnt down sadly. Fairings took the grunt of the damage. Been pulling tons of good parts off the thing. Thats actually where i got the pipes for my ST.

Attachments

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Making more progress on the 996...pretty much ready to run the wiring harness. Hoping to get a little insight here..

As stated earlier in the thread, i'm using an '02 ST4S wiring harness because it cost me nothing. I also have the 5.9 ecu that came with it but Ive read horror stories on the reliability of these ECU's. I have a 5AM ecu from another ST4S ABS with the immobilizer delete if memory serves me right. Is the 5AM simply a bolt on and go?

Wondering also, should i just run a ducati performance map for an ST4S? My motor has the ST cams and throttle bodies. But the intake/airbox is 996 Sbk along with a 45/50 leo vince half system

Will update with a picture tomorrow

21 - 40 of 52 Posts