Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, hope someone can help
I have a 2001 996 Bip, in good condition, new belts, valves etc in last 3 months. Has always run perfectly.
Recently someone started her holding the throttle slightly open, and she struggled to start. I always start on a shut throttle and she always fires immediately, but from that point on she has been hard to start;
Typically, she fires on hitting the button, does a few strokes then quits, then struggles to start and requires a few seconds turning over to fire, with the throttle open to clear things. When she starts, she's very rich and stinks of fuel. Things seem easier when hot.
Something's not right and I can't ignore this in case it gets worse
Have changed plugs, checked air filters, fuel filter (altho old one was 100% clear) and am working thru checking sensors etc. I thought maybe the coolant temp sensor was out thus telling the ECU to richen up, but that checks out ok and has 5V present. Timing marks all ok and belts tightened ok.
This is killing me as the weather is good in the UK! Any tips on why this should suddenly happen are welcome, I'm gonna change the fuel over tonight in case I have a bad batch
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tye, I checked that, and all ok. Also have been through every sensor and all check out ok. Changed the fuel, and am setting up the injector balance and butterfly alignment/balance......seems to be running ok during the tests for this, but will take a look tonight from a cold start and see how it goes
Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts