Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So where do you guys put your cell phone when riding your older Superbikes. When wearing my 1 pc leathers I don't have any pockets to put it in. There isn't any under seat storage so where do you guys put your shit?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hi,

Is there not a small under seat storage where the tool kit & owners manual go?
If so you could stash it there, not exactly easy access but something is better than nothing.

L8tr
Keep the rubber side down!

Pete

·
Registered
194 Posts
Yeah, there is no storage on these bikes at all.
I have the P8 computer so literally I cant even fit my wallet under the seat cowl.

Everything has got to go in your pockets, or get a handlebar clip mount for your phone.

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, there is no storage on these bikes at all.
I have the P8 computer so literally I cant even fit my wallet under the seat cowl.

Everything has got to go in your pockets, or get a handlebar clip mount for your phone.
Yeah same here no room under the seat.

·
Premium Member
5,151 Posts
In my tiny magnetic tank bag or my small hydration backpack if the bike I’m riding has a plastic or aluminium tank. As an aside, I’ve had two phones go to God because I’ve neglected to do the zip up on my backpack. It now gets put in the main pocket.

·
Premium Member
5,656 Posts
This RAM ball mounted on the frame end of the stabilizer mount. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005J43I56/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

RAM X Grip with extension. Lets me position it horizontally kind of above the top triple clamp. Not technically storage but it is functional for longer rides.

Don't have a pic of the 916 right now, but I have a similar set up on my ST4s. Picture this same set up, but with ball to the right and mounted on the frame end stabilizer bolt. Perfect for reading maps and using a set of Bluetooth ear buds for music and turn by turn directions if needed.

I have space under my seat as I have a mono sub frame with a 1.6M ECU. I use a zippered bag to hold stuff. I also use a roll up bag for spare relays and fuses that I bungee behind the ECU in that space between the ECU and where the tail light ends up with the seat latched. But if I didn't have that space, I use these SPI belts for running. I imagine they would work well to hold a phone, cash and cards on the bike.
https://spibelt.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI97uAzZ7S3AIV4ZXtCh0hHAzMEAAYASAAEgIB0vD_BwE

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
So where do you guys put your cell phone when riding your older Superbikes. When wearing my 1 pc leathers I don't have any pockets to put it in. There isn't any under seat storage so where do you guys put your shit?
You don't have a pocket on the inside of your leathers? That's where I put my phone and my license and credit card. Also, you should have room under the seat to put some things, even with the computer. Even the tool kit fits under there.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Magnetic tank bag holds my phone, water and a few other nick knacks.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Who needs a cell phone ......

& if ya wanna carry “shit” ,, buy a ST # >:)

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Found a GPS magnetic tank bag at Cycle Gear for 12 bucks. Just fits my phone! Problem solved,

1 - 12 of 12 Posts