Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i cannot find curved type heat shield for standard piping (I have just termi slip ons 45mm). Standard is 77mm between holes.

Do I need to weld new bolt holders for that type of shield? As most of them are on different position

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
show us a photo of what you want. sounds like you're talking about the one that goes on the rh muffler pipe, not the actual cross over - what i would call a "998" style heat shield. all termis supplied 2002 onward would have had that, but before that only the 50mm sps systems did from 99? all pre 2002 termi 45 slip ons had no mounts on the muffler pipes.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes i want same as 998 shield. Just carbon. i have 1999 standard pipes. With brick style heat shield. With one hole under other.

What to do ?

I need this one:

And I have this one now but metal:

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
the mounts were welded to the termis. up to you how you make it work. i have seen mounts hose clamped on.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok. What do you mean by clamping ? Weld bolt hole to exhaust? Sorry ,english isnt my native

·
Premium Member
6,105 Posts
I have the Termi 50mm full system on my R and am running a ShiftTech CF exhaust shield. Center to center distance on the mounts is 77mm. They do not appear to have that item in stock any longer, however I was able to find this, which seems to be pretty much the same item.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thank you all. But my 77mm are one bolt under another. Not sure if that will fit

Xracer: this can resolve problem , will try that way

1 - 10 of 10 Posts