Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just curious if anyone owns a 996 SPS on the forum. I have only seen one, and never seen a 916 SPS in person. I know they are out there, but are they unicorns or do people actually own and ride them. The production numbers seem to be low, and pre date the "R" designation that is now so very common. Any comments would be appreciated and fun to talk about. If anyone owns one, please post pics! and tell great tales!

:smile2:

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
I was just curious if anyone owns a 996 SPS on the forum. I have only seen one, and never seen a 916 SPS in person. I know they are out there, but are they unicorns or do people actually own and ride them. The production numbers seem to be low, and pre date the "R" designation that is now so very common. Any comments would be appreciated and fun to talk about. If anyone owns one, please post pics! and tell great tales!

:smile2:

Not sure if you can open this thread on another forum but this is the thread on my 1998 916SPS. I actually bought two last year but one only had 7 miles on it so it had to go.

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/ducati-916-sps-774-restoration.568462/#post-145793411

Reactions: Pattebanan

·
Registered
165 Posts
I currently own a 2001 SPS that was obtained with 2300km and has a few more now. Went through the bike entirely to ensure rockers were updated and all nuts/bolts were tight.

Currently waiting on a fuel level indicator from Italy to replace old unit and replace few other items.

The bike a true pleasure to ride. During the hot months of the summer, it resides inside the living room. Otherwise it is out on the roads.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I knew there must be a few out there! I agree on the inside the house art....have a 916 and a 999S Parts Unlimited in my office at home. I used to have a Bostrom in there but is scared the kids! LOL

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
there are quite a few owners of sps bike here on MS. i have seen a couple around florida

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,882 Posts
Erv is hoarding most of them. :) I think he's at 8, currently.

I've owned two--a '98 and a '00. Tracked both a couple times. Currently have a 996R that I have tracked a couple times.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The pictures of the 916 SPS are amazing. Heck the shop is as clean too! I am glad to know there are a few out there and some that have more than a few! I am searching to pick one up, but not finding ones that fit the criteria. A 915 SPS came up for two days on the Portland Oregon craigslist, but it was removed by seller right away....I cried a little on that one. Keep posting the pics and maybe I will be able to post some of my own soon enough. Thanks to all.:smile2:

·
Flying Brit
1,824 Posts
10 ....but 3 are awaiting rebuilds

·
Registered
37 Posts
No. 1498 here.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This is pretty cool. I did a thread search but it was a little here and there....nice to know there are more than a few surviving out there....I think I am about to pick one up, so I can join the club!

·
Flying Brit
1,824 Posts
I’m considering selling one of my 98 916SPS with 10k Miles

·
Registered
315 Posts

·
Flying Brit
1,824 Posts

·
Matt