Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am turning my 996 back to stock and took the Sil Moto half system off and the UM222 chip out. After doing that though, the bike starts ok, then dies after about 5-10 seconds.

After doing a search, several posts said I will have to have the TPS reset and also manually hook up the injectors that were disconnected. Is this correct? Just double checking before I do anything else.

Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I am turning my 996 back to stock and took the Sil Moto half system off and the UM222 chip out. After doing that though, the bike starts ok, then dies after about 5-10 seconds.

After doing a search, several posts said I will have to have the TPS reset and also manually hook up the injectors that were disconnected. Is this correct? Just double checking before I do anything else.

Thanks for any info.
you HAVE to re connect the injectors if you take the 222 out, or its only getting half the fuel its mapped for. And yeah, almost all bad idle and poor running conditions on a 996 start with the TPS.

My question is, why the hell did you take those off? Are you trying to sell the bike or something?

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
I agree with above, but I am thinking once the injectors all all hooked up it will idle and be fine as far as stock eproms go. You shouldn't need to adjust TPS if it was fine with the UM222.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you HAVE to re connect the injectors if you take the 222 out, or its only getting half the fuel its mapped for. And yeah, almost all bad idle and poor running conditions on a 996 start with the TPS.

My question is, why the hell did you take those off? Are you trying to sell the bike or something?
I reconnected the the injectors and that fixed the problem. Thanks!

I am selling the bike so I am returning it to almost stock. I found out I need exhaust hangers for the stock exhaust. The ones for the Sil Moto are a different size, which I didn't realize. :(

Soooo, if anyone has some... :)

·
Registered
362 Posts
I reconnected the the injectors and that fixed the problem. Thanks!

I am selling the bike so I am returning it to almost stock. I found out I need exhaust hangers for the stock exhaust. The ones for the Sil Moto are a different size, which I didn't realize. :(

Soooo, if anyone has some... :)
I'd literally give you mine, but I don't have a clue where they are. If I come across them this weekend I will PM you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts