Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1281 - 1298 of 1298 Posts

·
Family, Honor, Strength
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,282
Nice to see you back! Congratulations on your graduation (is that what they call it?) & good luck in your new career. Stay safe!

Given the job you've done on the Red Bull, I'm sure the forum expects even higher standards from your new project....

BTW have you measured any power gains from your mods? I know you dropped a lot of weight so even if your power gains weren't too significant, your power to weight ratio should be pretty good.

Not that any of that really matters in the real world, but this does: How does it ride?
Hi there Rob,

I have not done any performance or weight lost measurement since last October. I was side-tracked by other commitments, and frankly, I barely have time to do anything else but work and training. But, now that my life is more predictable, I think I will get back to messing around with modding again.

I did spend a few weeks riding her around and fixing up various bugs.

Welcome back and congrats on the great achievement! As long as you are in front of me when I see you in your work outfit, I will be glad to see you. :D
Hey man, I think I saw your bike during Laguna Seca. Fantastic looking machine, as always.

congrats, definitly looks better then the internet image allready, my only question is what s that paint you used? metalic blue?
Getting the right painter to do these fairings was a nightmare. California recently switched away from oil-based paint (at least that's what all of the painters were telling me) that makes thing very difficult. But, I found a guy locally in San Jose who was able to recondition these Rage Designs fairings quite well. He matched the paint color from the original fairings.

·
Family, Honor, Strength
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,285 (Edited)
thanks yellow, brilliant thread, i love the numbers on this thing, 1,281 posts, 33,1141 views and 129 pages, congratulations on a great build and great thread. bring on the fila :D
Paul, you had been such a fantastic supporter and friend throughout this thread. I appreciate it. If there is anything that I can do, please feel free to PM me.

Awesome! Congrats!
Thanks man.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Great job!!!

YD - Well it has taken me a couple of days now to go through every page here and it was like reading through a book. The details, roadblocks, victories, and family support are all what makes this thread one of the best I have ever seen. You pretty much put a part of your life in this thread.

It has given me some inspiration myself, one, to finish my project, second, to not be afraid to try something new. I, myself am planning to change my career that will make a difference for the world I live in and follow my dreams. Fortunately for me I have only been out of college for a few years now.

Keep up the good work and I look forward seeing you build that 999, b/c I am planning on a streetfighter project based off the 999. I'll keep in touch when I do mine.

If you have time check out my project...http://www.ducati.ms/forums/56-superbikes/109006-996-project.html?highlight=996+project
I will finished wiring up the Translogic tonight and taking her out on her maiden voyage this weekend.

Take care and Thanks again,
David

·
Registered
279 Posts
wow! I just joined the forum as a 996 owner in sydney, australia. spent the last 2 days reading the whole thread.

well done mate! great to see someone putting in their own work and modding the bike their way. like some of the other guys not everything you did is to my taste but I have to give you massive credit for having a go and coming up with some great ideas. :)

also congrats on the career change. I hope you enjoy working as a cop.

most of all, ride it as often as you can!

·
Registered
279 Posts
forgot to add, your 999Fila and your R1 are both amazing too. Of course I have a soft spot for the 996 but they are all cool.

would love to see your MV F4 too. :) It's another of my favourite bikes of course (being so similar in looks to the 916/66/68).

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Simply the most amazing thread I have seen on Ducati.ms. Thanks so much for sharing. Now have to go and re-set my eyes!

Hope the Policing is going well.

·
Registered
562 Posts
bumping an AMAZING thread.

1- what is going on with the 996RS frame and airbox?
2- did you ride the bike? how does it feel VS stock?

·
Family, Honor, Strength
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,293
YD - Well it has taken me a couple of days now to go through every page here and it was like reading through a book. The details, roadblocks, victories, and family support are all what makes this thread one of the best I have ever seen. You pretty much put a part of your life in this thread.

It has given me some inspiration myself, one, to finish my project, second, to not be afraid to try something new. I, myself am planning to change my career that will make a difference for the world I live in and follow my dreams. Fortunately for me I have only been out of college for a few years now.

Keep up the good work and I look forward seeing you build that 999, b/c I am planning on a streetfighter project based off the 999. I'll keep in touch when I do mine.

If you have time check out my project...http://www.ducati.ms/forums/56-superbikes/109006-996-project.html?highlight=996+project
I will finished wiring up the Translogic tonight and taking her out on her maiden voyage this weekend.

Take care and Thanks again,
David
Sorry for the late response, David. Not sure if you're still on this board, but thank you and best of luck with whatever career path you are taking. At the end of the day, stay true to your values and look after your family. That's all that matter anyway.

Feel free to ask me any question on your 999 project.

·
Family, Honor, Strength
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,294
Congrats on the graduation, all the best.

Im so glad you're back and this thread is back :)
Same here as well, always good to see on this board.

wow! I just joined the forum as a 996 owner in sydney, australia. spent the last 2 days reading the whole thread.

well done mate! great to see someone putting in their own work and modding the bike their way. like some of the other guys not everything you did is to my taste but I have to give you massive credit for having a go and coming up with some great ideas. :)

also congrats on the career change. I hope you enjoy working as a cop.

most of all, ride it as often as you can!
Thank you Mr. Baron.

·
Family, Honor, Strength
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,295
Simply the most amazing thread I have seen on Ducati.ms. Thanks so much for sharing. Now have to go and re-set my eyes!

Hope the Policing is going well.
I appreciate that, Kiwi, especially coming from someone like yourself. I have seen some of the work that you did on the RS bike a while back.

·
Family, Honor, Strength
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,296
bumping an AMAZING thread.

1- what is going on with the 996RS frame and airbox?
2- did you ride the bike? how does it feel VS stock?

Hmmmm.... not quite sure how to answer your questions without some explanations.

I finished the Red bull at the time when I entered the Academy. My whole life was pretty much put on hold at that point.

When I was done with all of my training and got back to the hobby again, my interest had turned to the Fila. While doing the Fila, I got hooked on the RS parts. So now, I'm trying to wrap up the Xerox.

In short, I have not done anything to the Red Bull. All of the painted carbon fairings, all of the 996RS upgrades, the spare 999s engine, and all of the NCR/Corse stuffs are packed away somewhere in my garage. I have not even weighted the bike and I rarely ride anymore.

Actually started her up this morning and took a quick pic.

·
Registered
562 Posts
thanks for the answer.

BTW I wanted to say THANK YOU for sharing all this information with us. Everything is well detailed, with explanations and pictures. This is by far the most impressive build I saw. It is quite amazing that in doubt, you by all alternative too test fit them and chose the one you prefer!

So, I understand that you have almost a full bike packed somewhere in your garage? kevlar reinforced fairing, RS frame and airbox. Add a 1198 engine and you would have one HELL of a bike!

·
Registered
20 Posts
wow, nice job on the build! the bike looks amazing...not your typical ducati look, but i think that's what makes it even more special. reading through this thread almost makes me wish i didn't get rid of my bike. :(

1281 - 1298 of 1298 Posts