Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Yes, RS/Corse tanks are different size and shape along with fuel pump assembly, airbox, etc.

ETI-FuelCel has their own versions of these tanks for street / non RS bikes.

·
grand poobah
685 Posts
Ducati had a bigger tank they used for endurance racing, like at Daytona. This tank is significantly larger. The above picture appears to be this style tank as the clip ons appear to be quite a bit below the tank top. I tried this style tank for one summer on my 916 when I raced it. I found the reach to the handlebars around the larger tank made it very difficult to lean off the bike in tighter corners. Sold that tank the next year. I highly recommend ETI fuel cells. The standard 748/916/996 tank comes in two shapes, the stock allows for use of the stock ignition key, the "corse style" tank uses the key opening for more fuel capacity. The RS version is only for the RS bikes and has a completely different mounting system from the stock bikes. The "daytona" tank is the larger volume tank that I speak about above. I hope this helps. Brad

·
Premium Member
4,016 Posts
My question is why you would want it? if for collecting then yes hunt for rare race parts. If you simply want it for the look or extra fuel contact ETI my track tank is one of theirs and it is a nice part.

I have never filled it to measure capacity but see no reason it would not be more than oem.
I can measure it if you let me know where you want it measured. Also note it is not using the stock ignition so you would need to find a new home for that. Nothing on the frame needs modifications to fit IIRC.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts