Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got this 99 996 last week and I am curious about the 2 hoses attached to the manifolds that are capped off and also the hose was not connected to the fuel pressure regulator under the tank and the other end of the FPR hose just hangs down. Shouldn't the other end of the FPR hose connect to the manifold for a vacuum signal?

·
Premium Member
3,709 Posts
FPR is open. Do a search, it's been covered, including with photos.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Remove the hoses, cap the holes (or get small bolts with copper washers to seal them) and forget about it.

·
Registered
461 Posts
i'm betting someone left the hoses on to make it quicker and easier to sync the throttle bodies.

·
Registered
5,164 Posts
i'm betting someone left the hoses on to make it quicker and easier to sync the throttle bodies.
Indeed, on my 916 it's almost impossible to screw an adapter into the rear intake whilst the airbox is fitted without cross-threading it and as I have the TB's in the airbox it's a long job to remove the box so I leave hoses on my 916 TB's for this purpose - just make sure they're plugged.

And the FPR should be left open.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts