Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking to refresh my 996 a bit. Some parts im looking for are a set of stainless engine bolts, piston rings, and the best sealant to use on crank cases.

I cant find oem piston rings anywhere.

For the engine bolts ive seen a place in france that sells a 2 part kit for around $70, but i havent heard any reviews on them. I want to avoild aluminum. Does anyone know a place or some kits?

·
Premium Member
5,151 Posts
Where to start? Every single nut bolt and washer can be re-plated to the same appearance as when the bike was rolled off the assembly line, if this is the look you wish to achieve. Stainless, in my opinion, looks cheap. Titanium if you have deep pockets but look out of place unless the bike is blinged out. The first parts that you should be looking at are the rod ends in the ride height adjuster AND the swing arm pivot shaft.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The reason i was looking for the bolts is the previous owner used alot of the red CNC aluminum bolts id like to replace.

Do you know of any dealers who would have those rings? I dont have the slightest idea where to start. Ive thought about a piston kit, but wanted to stay oem

1 - 5 of 5 Posts