Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just bought a 996 yesterday. Bike is in generally good condition but had a Datatool alarm fitted which is irritating as it beeps every time you touch the bike and goes off regularly. The engine did run with the alarm fitted once you disabled the alarm using the keyfob.

Today I've removed the alarm (which was plugged in - not soldered, so no thankfully original wires were cut).

The alarm was connected at the battery / the starter solenoid / the rear brake light switch / the rear indicators and to a 2 pin connector (amp superseal type) with 2 brown/white wires which was under the seat on the left of the bike.

I can't find anything that originally plugged into the 2 pin connector, and also cannot now get the fuel pump to run.

I am convinced that I've reconnected the starter, the brake light & the indicators correctly, and the engine now turns over on the starter and will fire ok, albeit only for a couple of seconds as it was just using the fuel that was already pressurised in the lines.

Please can anyone suggest why the fuel pump is not running and tell me what should connect to the 2 pin connector?

Thankfully I've resisted the temptation to introduce the alarm to Mr Hammer, so I could refit it, but I'd rather not.

Any ideas would be gratefully received, Thanks, Mark.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Turns out its the link Ducati put on the loom for an alarm to cut out the fuel pump.

I bridged the across the connector. The fuel pump runs and the bike fired up first touch of the button.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts