Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies if this has been posted before, but I couldn't find an answer to this question after a couple minutes of searching on here.

I'm doing a Biposto to Monoposto rear tail swap on my 996, and I need a monoposto rear wiring harness. The wiring harnesses for these two models were different, due to the ECU mount being placed further to the back of the tail section on the monoposto bikes. There's a lot of harnesses for sale and most of the sellers don't know they were different parts. I'd like to ask them to measure the length between the ECU connector and some other part of the harness to make sure I'm not buying another biposto harness.

Does anyone know how much longer the mono rear wiring harness was over the biposto harness?

·
Registered
233 Posts
I too have never heard of a need to swap wiring for converting to mono. My old 748/853 started life as a biposto.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The biposto ecu is mounted along the subframe like this:

and the monoposto has it mounted across the back of the subframe, like this:

Mounting it like that would require a longer harness, unless one can use the same harness by routing it along the frame VERY differently. If there's a trick to this that I'm missing, let me know! I'd rather not have to find another harness if I can avoid it. I don't have a workshop manual so I'm trying to figure out the routing by looking a photos I find online.

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
yeah, the ecu orientation is different. loom would need to be 150 - 200mm, 6 - 8" or so longer.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Yeah I did not mount mine in the back like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
if you know how long the one you have now is, it shouldn't be too hard to find a noticably longer one?

be aware, there's a few variations over differing model years, so make sure it's a 996 loom if going onto a 996. although the parts catalogue does show that loom, for biposto models, is the same from start to end. but there are # variations in 748sp to 748sps for instance, or the early to later senna. the front sections of the looms maybe vary more.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I swapped the bi to mono subframe on my 98 748 as well. If you removed the harness and rerun it more directly 90% of the connections fit. I had to extend the single wire for the air temp sensor that is under the headlight housing. I can check tomorrrow to see if there are any other wires I extended. I did it a few years ago so I am not 100% sure. It was easy to do and I have had zero issues. Grab a soldering iron, some shrink wrap tubing and a beer and have a good time!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts