Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey!
So I've decided I want to make the ss look like an 848. I like the headlights on an 848 and the tucked exhaust. I also like the seat. It's probably #1 on the list of things i want to change first. The full side fairings on the ss I can deal with. When i'm done I want to put 900 on the side in place of the 848 :cool:

I'm wondering if anyone knows of any websites or anything online that already mass produces mods to do this. Otherwise i'm going to have to do it or find someone to do it custom myself.

I know it's an overhaul... Thanks for the help! If you have a picture or link of the mod please do show!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Not many people have done this mod. I am looking for an alternative to the SS fairings for racing as the 1098 and 999 fairings are a dime a dozen. As for a mass produced kits to do this, I doubt it, if they did kits like that, everyone would have them and no-one does :) I know there are MotoGP kits for the 999 that are bolt on kits... not that this helps you though.

I dont think you will be able to keep your side panels though, as the nose cone from both bikes are very different.

What might be a good option is to buy a set of fibreglass replacement panels and some tube to make the mounts for the nose cone. It's not really hard as it sounds. If i decide to go in that direction for my race bike because im sick of trying to find SS race glass, i will post up what i did to get it all working :)

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
old threads may help you.. search this site

check out this thread ..
http://www.ducati.ms/forums/showthread.php?t=70856&page=6
and this guys bike...on page 6...
http://www.ducati.ms/forums/showthread.php?t=70856&page=9
and page 9...

there are other links on that thread

some guys get the 848 or whatever superbike and just put in a 2v engine...

DUCS RULE …Rice grinders drool..

09 Ducati GT1000 Black and Gold; 14/40 with Ohlins F&R, Termis & Rizoma bling
95 Ducati SS 900 CR Red; 15/41 my new project…
81 Yamaha SR 500 total cafe project bike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts