Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Friends,
I've tried to search and keep coming up with the inside tank hoses.
Could someone tell me the inner and outer diameter of the fuel line running from the bottom of the tank.
Also, can you recommend good quick disconnect for under the tank?

Thank you all and hope you are doing well!!

Ed

·
Registered
642 Posts
CPC make excellent quick connect/disconnect in both straight and 90 degree, they're plastic (white) with pressed SS clips and pins, pretty sure they're the same as OEM as they use the same Viton O rings.

Fuel hose is usually 8mm ID. you can use regular EFI hose outside the tank but inside it's a special submersible hose.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm assuming under the tank I'll want both to be 90 degree, correct?

Best place to get the CPC?

·
Registered
642 Posts
Hard to say mate, i'm not familiar with how they route on your bike.

On my bike the fuel lines route between the cylinders and i use the 90 degree type for easy access reaching in through the frame, i have long tails on my tank and the connectors sit safe between the cylinders where they can't get fouled and accidentally disconnect if the push tab is pressed when you lower the tank which can happen if you mount them right up under a hinged tank. It always looks like there's heaps of room but when you lower the tank you can run out of room quickly and snag them.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hard to say mate, i'm not familiar with how they route on your bike.

On my bike the fuel lines route between the cylinders and i use the 90 degree type for easy access reaching in through the frame, i have long tails on my tank and the connectors sit safe between the cylinders where they can't get fouled and accidentally disconnect if the push tab is pressed when you lower the tank which can happen if you mount them right up under a hinged tank. It always looks like there's heaps of room but when you lower the tank you can run out of room quickly and snag them.

So you kind of put the disconnect mid line instead right at the tank connection?

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
mike at gotham cycles stocks the metal cpc fittings with viton o-rings. i don't think you'd be able to use an original female fitting in the bottom of the tank as the threads are possibly wrong. never tried it. i think the fittings are 1/4 pipe thread, so it depends what thread is on the banjo bolts that hold the steel fuel lines to the tank now.

if they do work, then it's easy to do at the tank end with some original 916, etc style fittings. otherwise can put them inline. reverse one to the other so you can only do them one way.

fuel line is 8mm, or 5/16" id. the od is usually in the 12 - 13mm range, or 1/2" - it's not a spec as such.

·
Registered
642 Posts
So you kind of put the disconnect mid line instead right at the tank connection?
Yep, i do. my tank accesses the pump from the top, I think yours has a bottom access fuel pump plate like a 1098 so as Brad says you may be able to fit original 916 style fittings which would work a treat. If not you might look at installing them mid line to limit accidental separation like i said earlier.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
i have mid line ones on my 851 too, but it's a non lifting tank. i'd put them in the pump plate like a 916 if i could. unless that stresses the right angle fittings.

·
Super Moderator
4,911 Posts
Not sure what you're after Ed, but I just replaced my fuel lines with hose a bit longer than stock. This allows fully swing the tank in an upright position and rest it on a pad.

I used 6.5 mm fuel line from the tank to the injectors.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not sure what you're after Ed, but I just replaced my fuel lines with hose a bit longer than stock. This allows fully swing the tank in an upright position and rest it on a pad.

I used 6.5 mm fuel line from the tank to the injectors.
I just currently have the tank off and have read about people putting in quick disconnects. Thought I would look into it while I have it apart is all.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts