Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got my bike back from a shop locally and they murdered me. Had them change out the solenoid and go over a few things. Took the bike home and runs super great, BUT, after about 15 minutes of riding and stopping at a light i noticed the idle was getting a little louder. I rolled the throttle and it didn't go back down. When I let go a little on the clutch it did start going down but I couldn't get it to do it each time. So another 20 minutes of riding and it was a come and go kinda thing but more high idle then not. Brought it to my friend thinking maybe its just me from getting from the bike shop and thinking the worse but once i got this his place i fired it up and just let it run and the idle started to slowly climb. Nothing incredible bad, but high idle non the less. Called the shop and they said bring it back up and that it was idling nice for them. So I am thinking once it warmed up the problem starts. parked it for a few hours and confirmed that cold start idle is normal but after it warms up the idle will climb. I am expecting to get slammed with another bill if i go up to his shop again, is there anything I can do to kinda resolve this issue? any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
7,104 Posts
Sounds as if it’s a little lean. If it’s carburated, back the mixture screws out (ccw) about 1/2 turn each to richen the mixture. If it’s injected, the dealer has to deal with it as you don’t know what they did to it. It should be on their dime.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
idle speed is a screw between the carbs just above the throttle cables. it's fairly obvious. there is one further up that is the balance - leave that one alone.

the idle mixture screws are under the carbs at the bottom of the float bowls, either capped with rubber plugs or blanked off (lots of us models are capped) i'd go 4 turns out.

of course, there could also be something wrong with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts