Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many years ago I had a slide down the road and repairs were done via the other party's insurer.
The repairs made to the bracket were not done correctly and I finally got the sh!ts, as it has annoy me for years, and dismantled the whole kit.
I am fitting an iridium screen and things look like sh!t, so finally sorting it.

I am seeking two dimensions to sort out the bracket.
These are shown in the attachments.
The blue is the length between the mirror mounts and the red is the length between the front of the mirror mount and where the "nose" fairing is attached to the bracket.

In advance, I do not mind if the blue dimension is internal on the frame or external on the "flat bits" of the nose cone fairing, just need to know which it was.

Thanks in advance and apologies/thanks to the eBay vendor whose bracket image I knicked.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
988 Posts
disclaimer: treat as a data point with a grain of salt. my SS has been down, left and right sides are off a tad.

hope these help.

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Coconut - I will bear that in mind.

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Coconut,

With the image showing 40cm, where was the start of the tape measure?

E.g. at the same place where it shows 40cm?

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
disclaimer: treat as a data point with a grain of salt. my SS has been down, left and right sides are off a tad.

hope these help.
Thanks - even with the CF "nose" off, that CF is measuring about 25.5 cm so I need ease the fairing back into shape for 27.5 over time.
Probably just suspend it with some weights.
Also need to adjust the U shaped brackets on one side that are slightly bent back, then tackle realigning where the mirrors mount.

Thanks so much.

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All sorted now thanks.

I asked Jason who lives an hour or so to measure as well as his bike has not bee down the road.

The 40 cm matches up and the 27.5 from Coconut was 26.6 on Jason's.

Sorted the reshaping with spirit levels, string lines, breaker bars, large adjustable wrenches to bend things, rubber mallet and a lot of patience, plus a beer or two!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts