Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....as in miles! Yes, my lovely and sexy '12 MTS hit that number last week. I bought her 7 years ago, this month, and have been having fun with her ever since. I called DNA about the dash, and they told me I'd have to go through my dealer, which I have.....just waiting to hear back. I'll keep everyone posted.

·
Excel Addict
5,067 Posts
Just out of interest, what is the issue with going over 99,999?

As an aside, km dashes reach that 99,999 earlier than miles dashes.

My "old school" mechanical tumbler dash should just roll over to 00,000 with no issue as the dash/ECU could not care.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Congratulations.

I've seen about 20 Ducatis that achieved over 100K miles, and know of 3 that made over 200K.
They'll do it, if you'll do it.

PhilB

·
Registered
163 Posts
On the VFR forums high-mile champs are well past half a million miles. Dozens at or over 200k. At least one of those high-milers had an engine swap though. Absolutely staggering the miles some bikes accrue!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Congrats on the achievement, good to know that a Ducati should be able to get there with not much more problem than most bikes with good maintenance.

·
Registered
435 Posts
On the VFR forums high-mile champs are well past half a million miles. Dozens at or over 200k. At least one of those high-milers had an engine swap though. Absolutely staggering the miles some bikes accrue!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Right, a pig can walk many miles before its bacon is done.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Just out of interest, what is the issue with going over 99,999?

As an aside, km dashes reach that 99,999 earlier than miles dashes.

My "old school" mechanical tumbler dash should just roll over to 00,000 with no issue as the dash/ECU could not care.
The digital/electronic odometer stops at 99,999 it doesn't roll over to 00.000. Means if you want to watch the odometer turning over past 99,999 you have to buy a new dash and associated stuff.
Expensive fix.
How hard would it have been to make it 6 digit instead of 5?

·
Excel Addict
5,067 Posts
The digital/electronic odometer stops at 99,999 it doesn't roll over to 00.000. Means if you want to watch the odometer turning over past 99,999 you have to buy a new dash and associated stuff.
Expensive fix.
How hard would it have been to make it 6 digit instead of 5?
Thank God mine is mechanical.
just confirmed with a mate that his 2000 900SSie rolled over to all zeroes.

Edit - he later advised that it has rolled over twice, so over 200,000 km

·
Registered
290 Posts
Thank God mine is mechanical.
just confirmed with a mate that his 2000 900SSie rolled over to all zeroes.
Only bikes with the electronic/digital odometers, think they only started appearing around 2010.
Australian Design Rules only require an electronic/digital odometer to go to 99,999. So it's buy a new one or keep it at 99,999.
ADR's tend to copy EU standards so it looks to be world wide.
Thankfully it's not compulsory to replace it at 99,999 under ADR. Yet!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts