Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to look at a 99 Ducati 900SS this weekend. It has right around 9K on it. The owner is not sure of the last service that it had. He said he has owned the bike for around a year and only put less than 1000 miles on it. He told me he hasn't ridden it in 6 months but that he starts it and lets it idle every once in a while. He said it runs great. IS there anything I should be worried about with this bike? Does it need service soon? Anything specific I need to look for? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Service is every 6K so I would check to see that it had it's 6000 mile service. Timing belts need to be replaced every 12K or two years so you may be due for belts if it has been idle for a long period of time. Not sure if it was '99's but there may have been some frame issues - cracks where the frame meets the steering head. Maybe others can verify on this??

·
Registered
722 Posts
The 99's do not crack the frames as far as I know. I would get the belts replaced just to be safe. The 99 has the red letter belts so they are the good ones. I love my 99, it has 30K on it and has been great. I also had a 99 750 I put 30K on. Wonderfull bikes that ride as good as they look!:D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks

Thanks for the quick responses. I will be sure to inspect the frame just in case. Is replacing the belts something I could do on my own or would I need to take it to a stealership? Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts