Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
The 750 is a great bike... hope you enjoy it! Regarding the difficult starting: You might try a new battery. My 750 sport had starting issues until I replaced mine.

By the way, I've had my eye on an XB12R, or possibly a CG. I test rode them a couple of weeks ago and I really liked the bikes. I hear they've improved on their reliability too. Got any "world-worn" advice on these brutes?

·
Registered
176 Posts
... Well the difference was shocking - pun intended - with the bike springing to life much quicker at the merest flick of the starter button and definitely more low-end snap. It now does easy 2nd gear roll-on wheelies. A good mod, IMO. Anyhoo, give us a bit more to go on symptom-wise for your sometimes non-start issue and let's see if any other ideas pop up.
Mxwinky... Do you think the Dynacoil upgrade will help a fuel-injected bike. I've been thinking about it myself but it's been a low priority, especially since it seems that the upgrade is aimed at the carb models.

·
Registered
176 Posts
...gomura- is the stator/ rotor and coils that same on the carb v. ie. bikes? if so then coils will be a help on the ie. bikes also. ....
Any ideas on who makes great sounding slip-ons?
I'll have to check on the stator/rotor but I'm guessing they're the same. As for the exhaust. I have carbon Arrows on mine but I don't know if they're still available. If you find slip-ons for the FI 900ss, they'll fit on the 750. At least the Arrows that I got were labeled "900ss/750ss". By the way, I see that Motowheels has some Sil-Moto slip-ons for the 750ss. When I first started looking for slip-ons, these were often sited as the best ones for the supersports. They were too pricy for me at the time so I didn't go for them. You might want to check them out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts