Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year I had my ex-friend(screwed me over hence ex) work on my bike and he put a new solenoid in but never wired it. Pulling the bike out this year and I have no clue how to put it back together. Any pics or advice is very appreciated.

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,345 Posts
Last year I had my ex-friend(screwed me over hence ex) work on my bike and he put a new solenoid in but never wired it. Pulling the bike out this year and I have no clue how to put it back together. Any pics or advice is very appreciated.
The attached image is fairly generic, but is from my 2001 900SS and I expect the solenoid style will be the same.

Absolutely make sure the cable to battery positive is disconnected otherwise the other end of the cable to the solenoid is "live" and if you accidentally touch it on the frame or whatever you will short the battery.

It is not definitive in various manuals, but it looks like the solenoid terminals and the starter motor terminal torque specs are 5nm or about 3.7 ftlbs.

It would be useful if you could post a pic or pics of what you have so as to better be able to provide a response.

Attachments

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,345 Posts
Perhaps the friend asked a question and never had a response.

Maybe a bit like this thread so far?

Can't be that urgent as at the time of this post it is about 5 days later from my first "generic" response.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts