Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I need some assistance diagnosing an oil leak on my 748. Bike is leaking oil from the clutch cover. I recently rebuilt the clutch slave and replaced push rod o-rings. I am not seeing any signs of oil on the slave side, but clearly something is amiss on the clutch side. I pulled the pressure plate and there is obvious oil pooling inside the center nut where the push rod protrudes. I pulled the basket and no signs of oil behind it, so I am stumped. Is there another push rod seal on the clutch side or can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Brian

·
Registered
765 Posts
there is a small seal that the pushrod rides in, on the clutch side. most likely your culprit if it is not the large seal behind the basket

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guys! I searched a bunch of posts and I think it's the seal that I circled in the image. I just picked one up from the dealer, so I will confirm this afternoon.

PN: 93783.0812 Seal Ring

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TNR: That was the culprit for me! Was an easy swap and new seal was around $6. I used a 6mm (or 7mm) socket to make sure the seal was seated in the shaft end and after a nice ride, had no signs of oil leaking.

Regards,

Brian

1 - 6 of 6 Posts