Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
That's the beauty of technology today - you can get stuff made if you can take the time to design it. I have on the way machined moulds for carbon rear sets which utilise a set of universal mount CNC Racing foot pegs. once I get them out of the way I will be making up drawings for different mounts to move the pegs back a bit for those that want to use them for racing.

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
That's the beauty of technology today - you can get stuff made if you can take the time to design it. I have on the way machined moulds for carbon rear sets which utilise a set of universal mount CNC Racing foot pegs. once I get them out of the way I will be making up drawings for different mounts to move the pegs back a bit for those that want to use them for racing.
Cool! I look forward to seeing your design.

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
Mike, this is the rear set setup on mine. It has the same pegs and adjustable eccentric as my 916/996 corsa rear sets.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
The frame is back and I've started the initial assembly. I added an upper cross brace, similar to that on an 851/888 frame, and completely changed the rear set mounts in order to use Sport Classic rear sets.

I am really pleased with the way the mounts worked out! I now have much more adjustability, access to a wide range of rear sets, and the set-up is more solid/stiff than any of the 900 SS rear sets I've tried. Currently I've got Bonamici rear sets which are very nice.

For now the bike is sitting on OEM wheels while I wait for a new Pierbon swing arm and new OZ Gass wheels.

The motor should be done in about 2 weeks, as well. It feels great to begin seeing progress!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
More progress. The motor should be together by next week. While this started as an ie conversion, the project grew to include a 1000 ds crank. Of course, the crank was lightened and balanced. It's been combined with the Carrillos and 94mm Pistals that were already in the motor.

The next step is to port match the ie inlet manifolds to the much larger inlets that were created when J Precision welded and re-shaped the ports in the heads during the last build. The o-ring grooves in the inlets had to be welded prior to port matching. This stuff is never simple. :rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Lol - this started out as a Winter project. At this pace, it'll be a two Winter project. In any case, more (slow) progress....

Currently working on custom spacers to fit the 999 OZ Gass wheel into the Pierbon swingarm. Unfortunately, OZ doesn't make the Gass wheels for the SS.

I've also included some more pics of the rear sets. I'm pretty chuffed with the way they've come out.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
the locking tools will still work ok if you're happy with that. the cams will just be advanced as was because the belts will roll them counter clockwise as the cylinders go up.

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
The rear wheel spacers and custom swing arm spindle are done.

Next steps are to fabricate a new battery box, and to update the front subframe for the new ie dash and other bits like the air sensor. I'll also be updating the loom a bit to reduce the amount of wire used.

After that, I'll start reassembly.

The body work should be back from the painter soon too!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I've had a bit of time to start the assembly. So far, everything is going fairly smoothly.

I'd like to thank forum member EIGHTfortyEIGHT for the rec / reg bracket and the velocity stacks that he designed and machined. The design and workmanship is really superb!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,000 Posts
Look all the room in there :) Amazing how clean, simple and open the fuel injection can look vs the FCRs

Glad the parts all worked out nice, looking great

21 - 37 of 37 Posts