Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone , Im mostly active on the Diavel forum but thought this question could use a broader range of experience.
Anyway , Ive got a friend who has found a 98 900 SE in a barn and was wondering its value. On the side it has a plate that says #3 0f 300 . At the moment it does not run and Im sure the carbs need a good cleaning and possibly a battery. He says cosmetically it looks to be in exceptional shape. Any idea what its worth if he got it running? Not sure what the owner wants for it now. What is a good price to offer for it in its current condition?
Any help is appreciated.

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,712 Posts
Hello everyone , Im mostly active on the Diavel forum but thought this question could use a broader range of experience.
Anyway , Ive got a friend who has found a 98 900 SE in a barn and was wondering its value. On the side it has a plate that says #3 0f 300 . At the moment it does not run and Im sure the carbs need a good cleaning and possibly a battery. He says cosmetically it looks to be in exceptional shape. Any idea what its worth if he got it running? Not sure what the owner wants for it now. What is a good price to offer for it in its current condition?
Any help is appreciated.
Nice find. The bike is most likely a FE (not SE) and one of 300 sent to the US. The number plate you mention should be on the top triple clamp. If it has been ridden and in good shape, I'd say the bike is worth somewhere between $5k-$7k.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
If it's a Supersport, it's an FE. I bought one last Fall, and I'd say $5000 will buy a really nice one. More than that and you're into Superlight prices.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts