Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97 748, clean title, with 15,000 miles on it. 800 of those are track miles. Lots of scuffs and scrapes but a solid great running bike. Oil changed every 200 miles or so.

The reason this is not in the classifieds thread is I'm just looking for some opinions first.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I would normally think you'd get more parting it out, but 748 parts are basically a dime a dozen these days. No one wants a stock 748 motor, especially 2-phase, no one wants stock wheels (assuming they're stock), and you say the bodywork is scuffed and scraped, so that doesn't leave much left to sell except a lot of little parts. I'd just sell it whole for whatever you can get for it, selling parts one by one is a pain and I bet you get more for the whole bike in this case if it's in good mechanical condition.

If you put any nice aftermarket parts on it, like wheels or CF or swingarms or clamps, I'd put the stock stuff back on and sell those separately. If you don't have the stock stuff anymore, you can probably buy it for a song on Ebay.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have a 97 748, clean title, with 15,000 miles on it. 800 of those are track miles. Lots of scuffs and scrapes but a solid great running bike. Oil changed every 200 miles or so.

The reason this is not in the classifieds thread is I'm just looking for some opinions first.
Any clutch dress up stuff?

·
Registered
797 Posts
As Jeff said, little value for an older 2 wire motor, everything else is a dime a dozen and just that in today's market.
With that much miles you can be sure you need to change a few rockers, heck with 800 track miles on my 748 I lost 3 rockers.
Part it out, or sell it for $2k complete.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts