Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Sorry farmboy, I didn't expect that class to be run under Supersport rules. I used to run in WERA, and our lowest class was Clubman 20 years ago. We were allowed a lot of mods on most bikes.

I maintained a 500 Ninja for a boy who ran against FZR400s in D Supersport in the early '90s, if they let them in your class it could be a rough year. Thank God there aren't many FZRs left around...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
Sorry farmboy, I didn't expect that class to be run under Supersport rules. I used to run in WERA, and our lowest class was Clubman 20 years ago. We were allowed a lot of mods on most bikes.

I maintained a 500 Ninja for a boy who ran against FZR400s in D Supersport in the early '90s, if they let them in your class it could be a rough year. Thank God there aren't many FZRs left around...
All good man. You're right, the Ninja would do well, sooner or later someone will show up with one. An FZR won the championship this past fall at Daytona running 2:17's; 2nd place was a guy from our MW region on a Yam R3 close behind at 2:19s. No cakewalk for sure. No small part of the impetus for this is that I really enjoyed building the red bike, I wanna do it again.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
i'm amazed the m600 didn't go to the usa until 2001. they did some odd stuff.

the 650 ally chamber will be somewhat like the 620 i expect, just smaller. the 600 is much smaller again.
I really appreciate your input, I've pored over and re-read your reports countless times. I welcome any and all of your insights.

Merry Christmas guys!

·
Registered
160 Posts
My R3 has fully adjustable suspension, front and rear. Supersport rules state you can't change the fork tubes or lowers. You are free to do whatever you want with fork internals though. I have a GP Suspensions 25mm kit up front and a Penske double clicker out back.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts