Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Op-did it fix the problem?
I hope to get an actual ride this weekend. I may never know, but I was really trying to blame the lithium battery because it never blew fuses, it shut off. The gooey yellow wires were certainly a surprise and could be why one of the ignition control boxes went up in smoke.
If it runs well as it is now, I'll try the lithium battery with and without the capacitor again. I did send the battery back twice and it was replaced, but they never let me know what the problem was.
I'll post some pics as well. The battery is laying at an angle following the frame, under the seat (an agm battery), mikuni flat slides w/ k&n pod filters, ignitek ignition, lots of changes roughed in. A proper y-fitting for the fuel lines and a (cheap) aluminum swingarm would be the last things on my list. It's going to be ridden, not a museum piece.

I'll keep posting as the experiment continues.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I hope to get an actual ride this weekend. I may never know, but I was really trying to blame the lithium battery because it never blew fuses, it shut off. The gooey yellow wires were certainly a surprise and could be why one of the ignition control boxes went up in smoke.
If it runs well as it is now, I'll try the lithium battery with and without the capacitor again. I did send the battery back twice and it was replaced, but they never let me know what the problem was.
I'll post some pics as well. The battery is laying at an angle following the frame, under the seat (an agm battery), mikuni flat slides w/ k&n pod filters, ignitek ignition, lots of changes roughed in. A proper y-fitting for the fuel lines and a (cheap) aluminum swingarm would be the last things on my list. It's going to be ridden, not a museum piece.

I'll keep posting as the experiment continues.
Op-did it fix the problem?
It appears to have done the trick. I got in about 20 minutes of riding, in the neighborhood, in case I had to walk home again.
Maybe a bit of carb tuning needed, but it ran great. The tires are new, so I wasn't trashing too much, but I am quite pleased.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts