Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
We took the triples off our bike Tuesday. Only issue we had was bracing them since the forks had been removed. I dropped a hammer from the top tree through the bottom tree and then just busted it loose with the breaker bar, no fuss no muss. I've never tried doing it with weight on the triple. I suspect it would be much more difficult that way.

·
Registered
10 Posts
@psyopper has a great solution. Two different methods I used, first was with open rafters in my garage, I used ratchet straps through the frame and around the rafters to get the front end off the ground. I could do any front end work needed. Second time in a finished garage, I built a wide sawhorse that would straddle the bike over the tank and, again, using ratchet straps lifted the front end off the ground. Both times I used a rear stand to keep the bike stable. As stated earlier, loosen the lower tree pinch bolts, too. If the fork tubes are a bit off alignment it may prevent you from removing the top tree.
I used to use a variation on this. In my finished garage I ran a large lag bolt eyelet in a ceiling stud. I used a come-a-long and nylon straps around the frame whenever I had to unweight the front or the rear. These bikes are so light that this was more than stout enough.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts