Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Interesting- any idea of actual downforce specs? Like kgs of downforce at certain speeds?

Don't want to be a total downer here, but my initial impression is that it reminds me of the stock (cosmetic) rear diffuser on a Subaru WRX.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting- any idea of actual downforce specs? Like kgs of downforce at certain speeds?

Don't want to be a total downer here, but my initial impression is that it reminds me of the stock (cosmetic) rear diffuser on a Subaru WRX.
hi buddy, the part is attached with 2 torx bolts and a clip. Dont think real downforce is a question here. Purely looks! Thanks for your comment!

·
Mexican Ducatista
1,144 Posts
I don't want to be disrespectful to your work. But I am a bit confused.
Anti wheelie device (even if they don't really work) on a wheelie machine?

I didn't even like them on the streetfighter.
On the SF the downforce is supposed to start being relevant above 300km/h. Who the hell would want to ride at that speed without a fairing?

If it is just for looks, they make me feel the same as this:

·
Registered
318 Posts
Some people love them and some will not. I think they are great. You added a bit of styling to a plain piece of plastic that in itsself is merely cosmetic. Much like the holes in the beak that mimmick ram air yet are purely for style. Or the tail piece that is intended to mimick a wing (but look silly imo. The tail wing is the only piece of the 950 that I'm not a fan of) To each their own but I like them side pieces you made. We could split hairs all we want but the hyper is a hooligan bike with style. Not everything is 100% function.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Some people love them and some will not. I think they are great. You added a bit of styling to a plain piece of plastic that in itsself is merely cosmetic. Much like the holes in the beak that mimmick ram air yet are purely for style. Or the tail piece that is intended to mimick a wing (but look silly imo. The tail wing is the only piece of the 950 that I'm not a fan of) To each their own but I like them side pieces you made. We could split hairs all we want but the hyper is a hooligan bike with style. Not everything is 100% function.
Thanks bud! You said everything very well!

·
Mexican Ducatista
1,144 Posts
You are right!
Not everything should be 100% function.
And I didn’t mean to sound as an insensible prick.
But wings are a controversial topic nowadays. IMHO they should be used in motogp only and I hate them on street legal bikes. To me it is like forcing F1 aestethic elements into your everyday car. But if you dig it, I respect that. I just meant to give an openly honest personal opinion.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey I'm curious what mirrors you have and how you have them mounted. Any other photos?
those are just some cheap amazone mirrors. I removed the lower bolt of the stock mirror clamps and routed a longer bolt through that same hole to attach these smaller mirrors.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Youre the man, thanks
Yep I agree, that mirror mount has got my attention. Perfect for lane splitting clearance in SoCal, though I would imagine my body is going to possibly block view somewhat. Will have to check but if they work I am very great full for the tip!

Sorry not into wings and things that don't really affect performance. But that is my own failing and though I said that I give you 2 thumbs up for being creative!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yep I agree, that mirror mount has got my attention. Perfect for lane splitting clearance in SoCal, though I would imagine my body is going to possibly block view somewhat. Will have to check but if they work I am very great full for the tip!

Sorry not into wings and things that don't really affect performance. But that is my own failing and though I said that I give you 2 thumbs up for being creative!!
yeah you have to adjust a bit, you do see less in these mirrors and have to position them just right, but overall they work just fine. A lot of supermoto guys run setups like this.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Really like the wings. I have to be honest I had the idea of trying to retrofit replica V4S wings on those radiator covers but never got around to it. These look much more proportional. Are you thinking of offering some to forum members?

Can we get some more detailed pics?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Really like the wings. I have to be honest I had the idea of trying to retrofit replica V4S wings on those radiator covers but never got around to it. These look much more proportional. Are you thinking of offering some to forum members?

Can we get some more detailed pics?
For now im in the prototyping phase, when he final design is up to standards i would love to sell them. For now this version needs a lot of finishing work but the price wont be below the stock ducati parts a piece.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts