Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the difference, if any, on the '95 and '96-up 916s? Looking to buy but am not sure what I'm in for... :confused:

I appreciate any feedback. This helps me out greatly...

·
Registered
311 Posts
Talk to John, he's got a '95.

The most obvious issue that you shouldn't have to deal with on a '95 is the rocker arm issue. That's a HUGE bonus as the rocker arms are anywhere from about $50-$80 depending on which 'brand' you go with. There are 16 total rockers with the potential to need replacement (on non '95 MY 916s). Not cheap.

You most likely will need to address the charging system/regulator issue, but that's an easy and fix assuming the previous owner didn't address it.

I'm sure there are a few others, but for the most part it's personal preference. Whichever way you go, there are great resources to help keep you up and running. ;)

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1999r1 said:
Talk to John, he's got a '95.

The most obvious issue that you shouldn't have to deal with on a '95 is the rocker arm issue. That's a HUGE bonus as the rocker arms are anywhere from about $50-$80 depending on which 'brand' you go with. There are 16 total rockers with the potential to need replacement (on non '95 MY 916s). Not cheap.

You most likely will need to address the charging system/regulator issue, but that's an easy and fix assuming the previous owner didn't address it.

I'm sure there are a few others, but for the most part it's personal preference. Whichever way you go, there are great resources to help keep you up and running. ;)
Thanks. That scares me off...

·
Registered
100 Posts
My '96 has had no rocker issues to date. I thrash it pretty hard around the track too. I think it is a grab bag really. I've heard of '95 916's with rocker problems, although I hear it is less prevelant.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts