Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Recently got myself a monster in pretty crappy condition - running, but covered in black rattlecan paint, tank dented both sides, shagged forks, broken LH peg assembly, etc etc.
Things I need from the hivemind:

What is compatibility like between different models of the same vintage for pegs? Can I throw on some 900ss pegs, or should I just pony up for rearsets?
Similarly, the kickstand is wonky af, and ground down (haven't figured out if it has lowering links yet). Can I make any old kickstand from a 90s model fit?

if it doesn't have problems starting and running, is it worth looking at uprated/aftermarket coils/alternator/RR/starter?
How the hell do I get at the Neutral switch? The block is coming out soon enough, but is that the only way?
Does anyone have a part number/solution for oil leaking where alt cables leave the cover? The plastic ...thing stuck in there is crossthreaded.

In terms of performance, should I be looking at even or uneven length headers (I want to get custom stainless made up eventually)?
Also, should I keep a crossflow, or can I have completely separate headers?
Is 2 into 1 a sht idea?
Are upgraded carbs worth the cost?
Are pods a sht idea? (I understand this is generally a yes!)

Thanks in advance. I have a Haynes manual and boundless enthusiasm, your knowledge is appreciated. I will update with pics.

Joel

·
Registered
57 Posts
Welcome aboard mate :)

Have you compared the parts manual of both m900 and 900ss ? I believe they use quite a lot of the same part number.

Kickstand would be easy with mods.

Mine works fine with oem parts.

I have service manuals of both m900 and 900ss somewhere if you're interested.

What is the benefit of uneven length headers?

Modern monsters are 2 into 1 so I don't think it's bad idea.

I would convert mine to fuel injected for that amount of money.

What pods?

Please keep us updated on your project. Cheers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers,

I haven't had a chance to compare part numbers i'm afraid, but I have noticed a ton of overlap even just in the haynes manual.
I think I'll just buy a wrecking kickstand and massage it as necessary. Good to know the exhaust isn't a big deal - I hate how bulky most of the twin pipe options are!

Considering pods for airflow, but seeing how much stuff uses the airbox and battery tray, I might just mod the lid instead.

·
Registered
7,104 Posts
Most pods won’t flow as much air as an air box with a good filter and modded top. The only advantage of pods is carb access.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts