Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I did some searching on this and couldn't find anything. I have a '95 Ducati 916...I was doing some maintenance and noticed my gauge cluster was very loose...as I investigated, I see that the gauges just seem to float on some rubber studs....is that how it is supposed to be or is there a place it physically attaches?

I found some posts that show a rubber bushing with bolts coming out of either end...but on mine on the bike is just a metal circle and on the cluster a rubber piece with a bolt on one end that screws into the cluster.

Does it just float like that?

Attachments

·
Registered
395 Posts
McMaster may have what you need in metric

·
Registered
281 Posts
That looks like the plate has delaminated and is still secured to the headlight bucket. I removed all mine, ripped the threaded part off and drilled through. I now run a socket head screw from the bucket side through to the gauges, using the rubber as a spacer. 12 months + so far and no issues.

BTW search male to male isolation mount to find what you're after.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes, I guess. The ones in the light bucket are flush and nothing to even grab onto...though about trying to epoxy them on. How did you do what you did....also really tight in there and things don't move out of the way much and don't want to yank, cut or disconnect any of the wires.

·
Premium Member
5,101 Posts
yes, I guess. The ones in the light bucket are flush and nothing to even grab onto...though about trying to epoxy them on. How did you do what you did....also really tight in there and things don't move out of the way much and don't want to yank, cut or disconnect any of the wires.
Remove the headlight and undo the screws from inside the headlight bucket.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I did some searching on this and couldn't find anything. I have a '95 Ducati 916...I was doing some maintenance and noticed my gauge cluster was very loose...as I investigated, I see that the gauges just seem to float on some rubber studs....is that how it is supposed to be or is there a place it physically attaches?

I found some posts that show a rubber bushing with bolts coming out of either end...but on mine on the bike is just a metal circle and on the cluster a rubber piece with a bolt on one end that screws into the cluster.

Does it just float like that?
Isolation mounts are cheap & readily available in all manner of sizes .

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Remove the headlight and undo the screws from inside the headlight bucket.
What's the easiest way to pull the headlight....and is it just a screwed in bolt or a nut? Will it be easy to get to it to have something to grab and screw...and assume screw it up/out?

·
Premium Member
5,278 Posts
What's the easiest way to pull the headlight....and is it just a screwed in bolt or a nut? Will it be easy to get to it to have something to grab and screw...and assume screw it up/out?
I created this document years ago to outline the process of cleaning the inside of the headlamp enclosures. Pulling the headlamps is part of that process.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts