Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just a quick question.....When converting a monoposto to biposto on a 1995 916, do I have to get a biposto subframe specific to that year to compensate for the larger size of the P8 computer, or will any biposto(748-996) subframe work? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
I don't think (but could be wrong?) the P8 was ever used on any Biposto bike as the 916/748/996 had the 1.6 ECU fitted after the initial 916 Strada model, and the SP & SPS's were all monos, in which case you'll need to adapt a standard Bip subframe.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I've got a 95 916 that was converted to a bi by the previous owner... the P8 was ziptied to the bi subframe. It works, but isn't pretty.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Wanna sell me your mono tail-section brackets that went with your mono subframe/tail-section combo? They won't work on a biposto subframe anyway if you are planning on swapping it out. Either that, or I can trade you for my mono tail brackets for use with a biposto subrame if you like. PM me if you are interested.

·
Super Moderator
8,245 Posts
The P8 WAS used on the 1994 916 Mono I believe, but NEVER on a BiP model in ANY year.

I´ve seen both SP and SPS models converted to BiP, all had there own thinking about where to mount the computer. Get someone to fabricate a holder and weld it into your new BiP subframe. Make sure you have enough room, because the P8 is the largest ECU Ducati ever used.

//amullo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts