Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want (Need?) to get my bike dyno'ed and have the fuel/air ratios adjusted now that I got everything done.

I was looking through options and my local shopeed recommended dynojet.

I want to know if this "Dynojet Multi-Function Hub HUB-002" is truly compatible with a 1995 916 s1
Link below:

https://www.jpcycles.com/product/402-950/dynojet-multi-function-hub

Does anyone have experience with this, and if so how hard is the install?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Should add just in case it wasn't clear from the year, I have the p8 computer.
Duc.jpg

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, hung up on powercommmander after waiting nearly and hour and called dynojet

agghhh..... Just double glanced at my screen... Same number 1-800-992-4993 =(

And now I started all over in the cue

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just got through to dynojet's main number... and is a no-go for 916's.

Per Dynojet directly, they have never done anything for a 916 and make nothing for it. He even informed me that they have never even had one in their shop and could offer no advice except to search the internet and good luck.

Any other ideas? Surely someone has adjusted the air/fuel ratios on these 916 p8's before?

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Otherwise Ferracci still has eproms

https://www.ferracci.com/collections/electronics

I would have sworn there was a power commmander available for a 916, I've got a pcIII on my 96 916 and when the pcV came out I looked it up to see if they covered mine and it their site said only pcIII for 916.

So i wrote to them the other day to check and the response i got was they only cover back to 97. New staff maybe, they only know what's written in front of them.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Otherwise Ferracci still has eproms

https://www.ferracci.com/collections/electronics

I would have sworn there was a power commmander available for a 916, I've got a pcIII on my 96 916 and when the pcV came out I looked it up to see if they covered mine and it their site said only pcIII for 916.

So i wrote to them the other day to check and the response i got was they only cover back to 97. New staff maybe, they only know what's written in front of them.
Im assuming your not a P8 computer then? The gentleman I spoke to said its the P8 ecu they don't cover

·
Registered
390 Posts
Hello,

I have a power commander labeled as a K&N unit on my 2000 SPS which has the P8. It's an old serial unit, has a custom map and works great! A few years back I sent it to Dynojet for a check out and software update just to make sure all was in order and at that time they still supported it. So, to make a long story longer... The power commander will work on a P8.

I hope this helps.
Dave

·
Matt
685 Posts
A couple of years ago I tackled a similar challenge restoring my 1996 916 SPA (which also has a P8).

I think most everyone will say the best way to go about it is getting a custom chip burned. The challenge I had was that there aren't many people doing that anymore these days. Doug Lofgren in Minnesota and Brian at Boulder Motorsports in Colorado. I'm in Michigan and my bike was in Georgia for an engine rebuild. I also had a challenge in that my stock chip was a big problem...the bike was running lean which is what caused the engine issue in the first place, so I couldn't continue to run it with that setup.

I ended up going with a Power Commander, however it wasn't plug and play as they didn't sell one that would plug into the 916 SPA (P8) harness. The Power Commander itself works with the P8, but it required a custom splice into the bike's wiring harness. Not really a big deal, but not exactly plug and play either. Overall it worked well and the bike isn't running lean anymore so the engine can sustain a healthy life. One of these days I'll find a reason to make it to Doug or Brian and get a proper setup via a custom chip.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts