Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe one of my bulbs blew out, and can't figure out how to remove the cluster to change the bulb. My bikes in the past i've been able to squeeze my skinny hands behind the cluster to remove it w/out taking off the front fairing. But right now i'm assuming this is not possible?

Am i right to assume that removing the front fairing will make it 10x easier to get access to the bolts for the cluster?

thanks,
duey

·
Registered
284 Posts
There is absolutely no way for you to remove the gauge assembly without removing the front fairing and headlight.

First remove the mirrors, then remove the side fairings.
Then remove your front fairing, and remove the allen screw that retains your front headlight assembly.
Gently push the headlight assembly out of the headlight bucket, and disconnect the plug from the headlight to the harness. At this point you'll be able to see the three 8 mm nuts that are holding the gauges to the bucket. Gently remove them, and then pull the gauges up and remove the light sockets that hold the bulbs. Replace and reassemble in reverse order.

Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
8,215 Posts
Which bulb blew?

Some, if not all, indicator bulbs can be changed without removing the instrument cluster from the headlight holder.

But it will be clear once you start taking it apart. Fairly easy and straightforward actually.

//amullo

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
amullo said:
Which bulb blew?

Some, if not all, indicator bulbs can be changed without removing the instrument cluster from the headlight holder.

But it will be clear once you start taking it apart. Fairly easy and straightforward actually.

//amullo
it was the top bulb for the tachometer. I tugged the wire a lil and didn't feel comfortable in yanking it any further so i figured it'd be much safer to pull the entire assembly apart. Which like you said isn't hard at all, took me awhile but i got to the bulb and replaced it. But if i were to do it again i'd probably say to myself "why'd i bother asking in the first place" because it was just that easy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts