Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would anyone know of a source for bushings to fix a sloppy clutch lever and shift lever? I'm not having any issues with shifting or performance, everything is running great. But the shift lever and clutch lever are just plain loose. I've talked to a couple of vendors who are saying the ducati parts are no longer available, if anyone knows of an alternative source I'd love to hear about it.
Cheers

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Would anyone know of a source for bushings to fix a sloppy clutch lever and shift lever? I'm not having any issues with shifting or performance, everything is running great. But the shift lever and clutch lever are just plain loose. I've talked to a couple of vendors who are saying the ducati parts are no longer available, if anyone knows of an alternative source I'd love to hear about it.
Cheers
"Ducati parts no longer available" .... whuuuuttt? That's some serious BS. Even if Ducati never made another single part starting today there's so much NOS and even good-used that the parts-pool is substantial enough to support us for many years to come. It's not like we're on Honda V65 Magnas or something (no parts at all !!!).

Anyway, can you be more specific about what you mean by "loose"?

... also, it will help others help you if you put the year/model of your bike in your signature. ...

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
It will help others help you if I just read the damned subject line! Geez! ok, so 1995 900SSCR. Gotchya. DOH!!!!!!!

:)

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Clutch lever - go aftermarket, several good ones available, some really bad and dangerous ebay ones too. CRG, Pazzo are a little spendy for their best ones but well worth it for the adjustable settings. Or ebay some OEM levers used and either use it (same lever brake and clutch) or pop the bushing out which means you can even make use of a broken one. I think the dealer can get the whole lever, but you are correct - they will not stock just the bushing and probably never did. Don't go crazy and make a brass shim insert from a bullet cartridge for it, just replace it.

Shift lever? Is it not clamping onto the shift rod properly, might need a new bolt or maybe some locktite on the "teeth"? Or the whole shifting assembly with its heim joints and rods? Make sure those are clean and not bent, add a touch of grease to the balls. And as long as you are not talking about the bushing in the case for the shift rod, its easy to buy aftermarket replacement rearsets too but bring money.

The case bushing is definitely available from several sources, including Ducati of Omaha, but a messy pain to replace. You did not mention an oil leak, so it probably is not this part anyway.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Clutch lever - go aftermarket, several good ones available, some really bad and dangerous ebay ones too. CRG, Pazzo are a little spendy for their best ones but well worth it for the adjustable settings. Or ebay some OEM levers used and either use it (same lever brake and clutch) or pop the bushing out. I think the dealer can get the whole lever, but you are correct - they will not stock just the bushing and probably never did.

Shift lever? Is it not clamping onto the shift rod properly, might need a new bolt or maybe some locktite on the "teeth"? Or the whole shifting assembly with its heim joints and rods? Make sure those are clean and not bent, add a touch of grease to the balls. And as long as you are not talking about the bushing in the case for the shift rod, its easy to buy aftermarket replacement rearsets too but bring money.

The case bushing is definitely available from several sources, including Ducati of Omaha, but a messy pain to replace. You did not mention an oil leak, so it probably is not this part anyway.
Yea ... we need more information about it all ... especially the shift lever ... what he means by "loose". If he means the shifter just easily moves up and down when in neutral, that is "motorcycle normal". So a better explanation of what is going on is needed before advice is offered. At least from where I sit.

·
Registered
936 Posts
The ft brake lever & clutch lever are parts made by Brembo. I am a Brembo dealer & I have to place an order next week --So if anyone wants or needs a new clutch or ft brake lever send me a PM & I can get these on the way--

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
The ft brake lever & clutch lever are parts made by Brembo. I am a Brembo dealer & I have to place an order next week --So if anyone wants or needs a new clutch or ft brake lever send me a PM & I can get these on the way--
Shucks .... I didn't know that. A few months ago I bought an NOS Brembo front brake master w/lever for the 750cc SS (single rotor). Had I known I'd have bought it from you rather than eBay. I was in no hurry so waiting on an incoming stock order would have been zero issue. Oh well, next time (or ... when I'm ready for that Corbin seat .... wink wink).

(y) :)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow, didn't expect so many replies on a quiet Sunday morning :). Now that I'm back from my ride (priorities :)) in answer to the questions
-clutch handle/lever is sloppy at the pivot. I believe their should be a replacement pin or bushing that would solve the slop issue. Or perhaps a new handle as was mentioned (pm. I've tried tightening the pivot fastener (pressed sheet metal bolt thingy) with no luck, it appears loose around the pin itself.
- shifter lever, I'm referring to the lever/foot pedal itself that is mounted on the rearset. It has a bushing that appears shot and results in again, just an excess of slop. The linkage with its heim joints is fastened securely so no issues there. It is the bushing in the lever/pedal itself. This is the part ducati says I can no longer source :)
Cheers

·
Registered
936 Posts
just let me know when your ready lol

·
Registered
936 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Is it # 3 that you are looking for?

·
Registered
200 Posts
I'm not OP, but I would be interested in one of those item #3 bushings. I'm in BC Canada which should be no problem via USPS, if you'd be willing to order and mail it up to me? Understand if it's too much of a pita though.

·
Registered
936 Posts
The bushing I cannot get I was just asking if that was the part he needed----If I need one for my bike I'll just make it

·
Registered
936 Posts
It could be made from Brass, Bronze, Aluminum, Delrin all would work well

·
Registered
1,202 Posts

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I replaced my levers with some from China. Got on ebay or amazon. Anyway, they work fine and look good. But, I think I had to remove a bushing and another maybe small part from the oem levers to put in the aftermarket levers. Short post long, aftermarket levers might not help if they don't include the small bits.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts