Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Ducati Super Sport 900 CR
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So guys, the person that had this bike before me installed a jet kit and the open air box mod. It runs great, no worries there. What i was wondering about is should there be some sort of securing device for the filter / adapter plate to the air box or is it captured under the tank when its down. I'd hate for that filter to move around on top of the air box during operations and get contaminants in my carbs!

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Yep, you need something there, there are pops back from the carbs on deceleration and the air stream from the front can lift the filter. If you still have the top, cut it like this leaving a couple of tabs to hold it plus the front or otherwise run a couple strands of safety wire across.

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
A lot of people leave the air box lid on, but do varying amounts of trimming and material reduction to achieve the desired outcome from just removing the intake trumpets; to extra holes in the lid; to having no nearly no lid at all - just using it as a retainer for the filter.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I am looking for an unmolested air box top---so if anyone has one that has not been modified in any way, I have exactly what the op needs, I'll trade anyone who is looking for the modified one for one that is not modified

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, you need something there, there are pops back from the carbs on deceleration and the air stream from the front can lift the filter. If you still have the top, cut it like this leaving a couple of tabs to hold it plus the front or otherwise run a couple strands of safety wire across.

View attachment 991097
Thanks Rock.....AGAIN....! Unfortunately I don't have the top but i can safety wire it down for sure. Yes, it did seem strange that the whole assembly was just sitting there...hmmmmm..

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I got a set of clips for a chain saw air filter on Amazon for mine. Safety wire works too...though that aluminum keeper belongs above the filter, not below it.

Reactions: RockAZ

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got a set of clips for a chain saw air filter on Amazon for mine. Safety wire works too...though that aluminum keeper belongs above the filter, not below it.
Above you say? Thanks for the heads up! Since I bought this bike I've learned a lot from you guys. So would my whole assembly in the picture be inverted to be correct (metal on top and filter contacting the actual air box body)? Can you link the clips the you purchased? Any chance I could get of a pic of your setup?

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Reactions: RockAZ

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
It’s a BMC air filter.....at least, I thin it is. Been a while since I looked

·
Registered
7,031 Posts
At one point I just glued my filter into place with silicone sealer. It can be peeled off when necessary.

·
Registered
7,031 Posts
Above all , it works and it’s cheap.

Reactions: mzrhayes
1 - 14 of 14 Posts