Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
18,318 Posts
I don’t want to poop on anyone’s parade but I just went through this and got stiffed by Dunlop. I bought my tires from Revzilla and they had a link to submit the docs online. Did that. Couple weeks later got an email saying they couldn’t read it the receip. What? It’s an electronic copy. So I took a photo of it and sent it in again. Couple weeks later they said they still couldn’t read the date right or something like that.

I replied they could keep their rebate and shove it up their asses. Next time I’ll buy Pirelli which I like better anyway. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
62 Posts
I don’t want to poop on anyone’s parade but I just went through this and got stiffed by Dunlop. I bought my tires from Revzilla and they had a link to submit the docs online. Did that. Couple weeks later got an email saying they couldn’t read it the receip. What? It’s an electronic copy. So I took a photo of it and sent it in again. Couple weeks later they said they still couldn’t read the date right or something like that.

I replied they could keep their rebate and shove it up their asses. Next time I’ll buy Pirelli which I like better anyway. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Sometimes I don't even get why THEY bother. For $20-$100 it seems like it costs them more in BS admin to work it out than the rebate would be worth for additional sales. And then WE get jacked around.

I had a situation with Goodyear a few years ago with a $50 rebate, came in the form of a gift card. It took me almost a full hour to fill out the ridiculous questionnaire, then 4 weeks for this gift card to show up in the mail, and now I have a gift card and not cash. Can't use it for my tires...can't get cash...can't use it at the gas pump...I now have to carry this around with me until I find somewhere and something to use $50.00. And if the balance isn't perfect I've got to juggle all my other cards around. Man, discount the price, or leave me alone!

Sorry, rant over.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I've got the Diablo Supercorsa SP's on my 2018, and I love them. However, here's a question for you gents.

Approaching 2,500 miles, and my rear is starting to slightly flat spot. I'm in Northwest Indiana...there are only so many places you can find twisties, and only so many times you can drive around a roundabout without exiting before you vomit inside your helmet.

TWI is still significantly below, so I should have plenty of life left. BUT, at what point do you start worrying about the flat spot and change it early because of that, even though the TWI is indicating you've got plenty of life left?

Yes, I did think about entering said roundabout and giving her hell until I rounded the tire back out. Problem is, I don't have any wrong way roundabouts to go in the opposite direction. :wink2:

·
18,318 Posts
A good indicator is when you can get off the bike without putting the side stand down, and the bike doesn't fall over. :)

Here in Texas it's the same. When mine get squared off I can tell by the way the bike falls into turns rather than a smooth transition. I use the Supercorsa only on my Monster which I track and take to the mountains. For flatlands I prefer the Rosso III which stays round a lot longer.

·
Registered
62 Posts
A good indicator is when you can get off the bike without putting the side stand down, and the bike doesn't fall over. :)

Here in Texas it's the same. When mine get squared off I can tell by the way the bike falls into turns rather than a smooth transition. I use the Supercorsa only on my Monster which I track and take to the mountains. For flatlands I prefer the Rosso III which stays round a lot longer.
Hmm. Now you've really got me thinking. I mean, I do love these tires, and even in reading through the thread I wasn't considering changing. BUT, being that you're down in flat Texas, with a similar situation, use both sets (for different applications), and have better experience with the Rosso III's for the street, you have my gears turning.

In the rare instance that you would get the Rosso III's into come turns, do you notice any negative difference? If they stay rounder longer, that's great, but I'm just trying to understand what I'm going to pay for. If staying rounder longer is the plus, what is the minus?

·
18,318 Posts
The Rosso III isn't as grippy as the Supercorsa SP, but they are still good. I keep them on my KTM 990SMT and have ridden it several time up to Deal's Gap and beyond. They last well on the highways and are good enough to scrape the pegs in the mountains. And the Rosso's are WAY better in the rain. The Corsa II is a good compromise between the two others.

·
Registered
62 Posts
The Rosso III isn't as grippy as the Supercorsa SP, but they are still good. I keep them on my KTM 990SMT and have ridden it several time up to Deal's Gap and beyond. They last well on the highways and are good enough to scrape the pegs in the mountains. And the Rosso's are WAY better in the rain. The Corsa II is a good compromise between the two others.

Well, you've peaked my interest. Thanks for the info.

Any wheelies, burnouts, or endos with the Rosso III's?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Another option. Anyone run the Q3+?

$40 rebate from Dunlop through the end of April as well.

Ordered a set, will report back.
FWIW, my rebate was approved right away just by forwarding the purchase receipt email from bike bandit.

I ran Q3s on an R6 on the track. They are good tires. Saving $40 on already value priced tires makes me happy.

I will let you know how they run on the hyper on the street.

·
Registered
349 Posts
First ride with the Q3+ tires today on the Hyper.

They are a good choice as far as I can tell. No adverse performance reactions compared to the SuperCorsas.

Hopefully they will last longer than the Supercorsas which were shot at 1900 miles.

·
Registered
349 Posts
The Dunlop Q4s are on my list to try next. Will not be as long lasting as the Q3+ but should offer great grip at the edges. Curious to compare.

·
Registered
181 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
As i'm aware. We in Eu dont have q3 and q4?
What's the difference between these tyres and gp racer 212 and gp racer pro?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Good question. Not sure of the answer.

Found these threads with a quick search:

"The big difference I see is that they recommend warmers for the GP-A and they don't for the Q4. I question whether a rider would ever get the GP-A up to temp on the street, where I think the Q4 would work great. Never used either one, so that's only an opinion based on reading the specs."

"I was amazed at how much more lean angle I was getting, and flicking in so much quicker than on the GPAs. In several corners, I had to lift my knee up to let the bike lean more. In a few I kept thinking, I could probably lean even more!

Overall, I like them. I managed the pressures throughout the day keeping them at 32 and 34. It was a HOT Day, over 100*. "

https://www.s1000rrforum.com/forum/s1000rr-hp4-wheels-tires/236230-q4-vs-dunlop-gpa.html

https://www.s1000rrforum.com/forum/s1000rr-hp4-wheels-tires/232993-dunlop-q4-s-out-they-now-carry-200-55-a-4.html

"So Dunlop developed the Q4, to fill the gap between the sticky Q3+ that gives a nod to long tire life, and the GPA full race tire that truly needs racing speeds and tire-warmers to work properly."

https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/2018/05/21/dunlop-sportmax-q4-test-confidence-on-track/

·
Registered
181 Posts
Good question. Not sure of the answer.

Found these threads with a quick search:

"The big difference I see is that they recommend warmers for the GP-A and they don't for the Q4. I question whether a rider would ever get the GP-A up to temp on the stree, where I think the Q4 would work great. Never used either one, so that's only an opinion based on reading the specs."

https://www.s1000rrforum.com/forum/s1000rr-hp4-wheels-tires/236230-q4-vs-dunlop-gpa.html

https://www.s1000rrforum.com/forum/s1000rr-hp4-wheels-tires/232993-dunlop-q4-s-out-they-now-carry-200-55-a-4.html
I rode gp racer 211 medium compound on the street. It's crazy sticky, but you have to play with the pressures and you need warm weather.
212 gp racer medium compound i rode on the track without warmers, two laps with decent tempo and it's ready to rock. But again, plenty mumbo jumbo with pressure (for the rear tyre).
I will use another rear 212 and afther that switch to supercorsa sc2.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
349 Posts
Set of Dunlop Q4s on the way. Really interested to see if they offer better aggressive street riding performance compared to the Q3+, Power RS, and Supercorsas I have tried.

Expensive and will have a short life, so they need to deliver something for those costs.

$40 rebate on these via cash card from dunlop. Use it to fill up the truck with 1/2 tank gas, but you need to walk into the register, cant pay at the pump.

Dunlop Sportmax Q4 Motorcycle Tire 1 200.79
Rear, 180/55-17, Radial, 17, Tubeless, 73, W, Black Wall
Part Number: 4636876
Dunlop Sportmax Q4 Motorcycle Tire 1 156.16
Front, 120/70-17, Radial, 17, Tubeless, 58, W, Black Wall
Part Number: 4636875

·
Registered
267 Posts
Do you need more on the street than the SuperCorsa’s or Q3+’s provide? How has Q3+ wear been compared to SC’s?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Do you need more on the street than the SuperCorsa’s or Q3+’s provide? How has Q3+ wear been compared to SC’s?
Q3+ is wearing better than the supercorsas, by about 25% maybe more. I got 2k miles out of the SCs and that was during break in phase, while the Q3+ will likely go 2.5 K, almost there.

i don't need more than the Q3+, but I am curious to see how they perform. I am getting 50 degree lean angles with the Q3+ (measured with bike trip app) and no hint of grip loss, and I am driving hard out of corners without any problems and without DTC intervention is sport mode. I am generally smooth so that is not a big deal.

Where the q3+ may be limited is in aggressive braking with ABS at sport setting of 2. I am getting a bit too much interference from the ABS, and I am not inclined to set it at level 1-track for the street.

I am curious to see if the Q4 will grip just a bit better under braking to prevent ABS intrusion.

Curious about the feel as well. The SC and the Q3+ have very different feel. Feel is of course a very subjective issue in any case.

The tire calibration on the 2019 Hyper has a software bug yet to be fixed by Ducati. I suspect that is part of the problem with the rider aids as well. The speedo is off by 10% judging against the GPS.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Which feel better to you? You might want to try ABS on 1 too...I run ABS 1 & TC off on my 939 on the street & it’s been fantastic. I have never activated the ABS.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts