Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 939 Hand-guards and indicators look so much better. Wondering if they're compatible on the 821's and if anyone has fitted them yet?

939's look so much better

821's

·
Registered
660 Posts
Its a straight swap, they will fit, just keep in mind that the new handguards on the 939's are plastic, just like the handguards on the 821's, pretty flimsy. Depending on the price, which I'm guessing it's going to be high, I would consider the DP handguards instead.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For me it would just be more about the looks of the 939 guards and indicators. DP Hand-guards I believe don't come with indicators in them?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Its a straight swap, they will fit, just keep in mind that the new handguards on the 939's are plastic, just like the handguards on the 821's, pretty flimsy. Depending on the price, which I'm guessing it's going to be high, I would consider the DP handguards instead.
Are the DP hand guards made of metal and do you have a link or picture?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Honestly, I feel like these are grossly overpriced, and not worth the upgrade unless it came on your bike already. If you relocate the blinkers, and move to LED (which is what I did, and love it), and either keep the OEM in there and pain the clear lens, or just get a pair of non-oem busters for way less money, that's probably a good way to go. The cheapest option is to keep the stock, wrap/paint the clear cover, and call it a day.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did think about re-locatiing the front indicators and getting some other busters, but to me, there just doesn't seem to be any good options to re-locate the indicators on this bike.

·
Registered
982 Posts
I did think about re-locatiing the front indicators and getting some other busters, but to me, there just doesn't seem to be any good options to re-locate the indicators on this bike.
If you want function; do something like this:

·
Registered
48 Posts
I decided to remove the clear housings and bulbs in the hand guards, and relocate the wiring to head down to the new signals which are mounted on the left and right side of the radiator. This is the NRC side blinkers, and I did not need to use any load balancers, etc. Seems the system can handle LED's out of the box. It's extremely streamlined, and if using the existing cabling, has spade connectors which work out of the box. I'm also using the NRC tail tidy, which is a great piece of kit.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts