Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

How many with a 939 installed aftermarket exhaust, and what was your experience?

I've got a 2018 939 and I'm considering an aftermarket set, but I am really out of it on what to choose.

Some of the things I'm considering...

-Full set or slip on only?
-Remove cat and emissions and add in one of the emissions plug and plays, or leave it all?
-Brand?

What have been your experiences?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a 2017 939. I put a SC-PROJECT S1 midpipe & silencer on it. That removed the flapper valve and I also took out the servo motor and replaced it with a Servo Buddy. I installed a Rapidbike Evo to take care of the tuning.
It's louder than I wanted but not so bad that I feel the need to replace it.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 2017 939. I put a SC-PROJECT S1 midpipe & silencer on it. That removed the flapper valve and I also took out the servo motor and replaced it with a Servo Buddy. I installed a Rapidbike Evo to take care of the tuning.
It's louder than I wanted but not so bad that I feel the need to replace it.

I like the look! Did you gain anything other than sound? Noticeable performance changes? If you don't mind me asking, you have a roundish number that setup cost you?

When you say it's louder than you wanted...are you happy with the "sound" just not the volume?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I like the look! Did you gain anything other than sound? Noticeable performance changes? If you don't mind me asking, you have a roundish number that setup cost you?

When you say it's louder than you wanted...are you happy with the "sound" just not the volume?
It sounds really good. It's a very agressive, raw sound. I just wish it was a bit less loud.
I've feel a noticeably stronger mid and maybe a bit less up high in the rev range now. I bought the pipe directly from SC Project in Italy and the rapidbike from an Italian distributor. I'm in Canada. I would not suggest doing what I did. Everything with the pipe went fine but the rapidbike took almost 2 months to get to me and none of the north American distributors will support it. I think the pipe was around $1100 and the rapidbike was around $650 (Canadian dollars)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It sounds really good. It's a very agressive, raw sound. I just wish it was a bit less loud.
I've feel a noticeably stronger mid and maybe a bit less up high in the rev range now. I bought the pipe directly from SC Project in Italy and the rapidbike from an Italian distributor. I'm in Canada. I would not suggest doing what I did. Everything with the pipe went fine but the rapidbike took almost 2 months to get to me and none of the north American distributors will support it. I think the pipe was around $1100 and the rapidbike was around $650 (Canadian dollars)

Thanks, that's helpful. I really like the looks of the pipe you both got, but yes, I wouldn't want to go through that long process.

I wonder if anyone has used the servo buddy...claims to simplify the process with no reprogramming.

https://www.cyclegear.com/parts/ser...ypermotard-hyperstrada-959-panigale-2016-2017

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I went full Termi as it was the most complete solution and it comes with a small baffle that makes it a bit quieter. I liked that it had everything including the headers, air box lid & new map & mounts so clean. I found it new in box on Ebay for half price and had a friend help install for me.
Did that come with new rear turn signals?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks, that's helpful. I really like the looks of the pipe you both got, but yes, I wouldn't want to go through that long process.

I wonder if anyone has used the servo buddy...claims to simplify the process with no reprogramming.

https://www.cyclegear.com/parts/ser...ypermotard-hyperstrada-959-panigale-2016-2017
I have a Servo Buddy. It just tricks the ecu into thinking the servo & flapper are still installed. Without it you will get a BBS engine code. The Rapidbike evo adjusts the fuel mapping to get the most out of the new pipe. I've heard it's not 100% necessary for just a pipe change but I also bought a MWR air filter and airbox porting kit. A new tune was definitely needed. I ran the bike with just the pipe for a bit without the rapidbike or filter and it shot flames like crazy. As soon as the rapidbike was installed the flames went away and it ran really nice.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I when for the full race Termignoni is not loud only at high speed and low deep sound slow speed and after years i got custom titanium headers for the look and weight reduction
up map key sprinter filter p08. It is the most expensive one but is the only after market that you will not void ducati warranty and have 2 full year warranty.

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
I ordered my S1 and Rapidbike from MotovationUSA. Came within 7-10 days. I don't think I have enough miles yet on he RapidBike but it is starting to run better. But dyno says it feels stronger all around unless I am deceived by the aggressive and loud exhaust LOL

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I ordered my S1 and Rapidbike from MotovationUSA. Came within 7-10 days. I don't think I have enough miles yet on he RapidBike but it is starting to run better. But dyno says it feels stronger all around unless I am deceived by the aggressive and loud exhaust LOL
The S1 is the SC project exhaust, correct?

Is the RapidBike plug and play, or did you need a hand for installation and tuning?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yes, SC project S1 exhaust. The rapid bike is plug and play but it was a pretty involved task. You need to watch this video unless you are a bike guru. You still have to figure out how and where to route wires yourself.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes, SC project S1 exhaust. The rapid bike is plug and play but it was a pretty involved task. You need to watch this video unless you are a bike guru. You still have to figure out how and where to route wires yourself.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNtJMr0ADCM
Ummm...yeah. Not gonna lie. That looks very intimidating, lol.

I'm no stranger to bikes, but there's a big difference between tearing down an '08 R1 or mid '00's ZX-6 and THIS.

Thanks for that heads up!

·
Registered
484 Posts
Under the seat. It fits if you take the tool kit out. But I also removed the exhaust servo motor and installed the eliminator module to free up space for the wiring and quickshift module. It is tight but it all squeezes in there. Under the seat is one of the prefered locations by rapidbike for our bike

·
Registered
306 Posts
Under the seat. It fits if you take the tool kit out. But I also removed the exhaust servo motor and installed the eliminator module to free up space for the wiring and quickshift module. It is tight but it all squeezes in there. Under the seat is one of the prefered locations by rapidbike for our bike
Cool! I have that stuff out plus a tiny FullSpectrum Power Lithium Battery so I even have half of that.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts