Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Been dialing in controls / positions on my ss, and have a question about the shift lever.

There is quite a bit of play on the lever - up / down, side to side, and it seems like the majority of it is on the lever itself, not the linkage. Pulled it apart last night, and found that there is a hard rubber or plastic bushing that "carries" the lever. Doesn't seem that there is any adjustment, just that it's pretty beat - to be expected @30k on the clock. Is the bushing a common replacement part? I don't have a parts manual...

Ultimately I'll probably go with the super-adjustable cycle cat rear sets, but want to get the stick set-up "baselined", hoping to eliminate difficulty in finding neutral, etc.

Cheers,

Tom

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
24 Posts
Bushing and Seal Part Nuimbers

I looked it up.
Looks like the bushing is part #77499.3421
Seal is part #93783.1524, I bought this at a bearing store as it appears to be a pretty run of the mill dual lip seal.

Phil.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Phil, not quite sure what seal you are referring to.

Went to my dealer, and they printed me out this:

ImageUploadedByMO Free1342204104.828580.jpg

#3 looks like the bushing in question, and they gave me PN 037069525 as the replacement. Also checked out a new lever when there, and it has a brass bushing pressed in.

So, is the PN they gave me correct, and I'll have to press in the new bushing?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Oops misunderstood

I thought you were talking about where the shifter goes into the engine.
My mistake.
I have aftermarket rear sets so don't know about removing the bushing but usually heating up the lever should allow you to knock it free.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome, thanks. Kinda torn between replacing the whole arm @$60 (with brass bushing), or ordering a new bushing (plastic?) to press into my arm. Seems like brass would be better (better longevity, better tolerances?), and I'd be done tomorrow. Going to take my arm / bolt in tomorrow to compare feel with new...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts