Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any press or brochure pics of the 93 900? I have owned my bike for 15 years with out DMV issues and this year DMV failed me because of REFLECTORS!!!!! I would like to see a pic of a 93 and how they came off the showroom floor!. I was pissed because I had to go stick reflectors on my bike to pass. Man I hate the DMV!!!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'll do one better, here's a picture of one of mine. I have not turned one screw on this bike since leaving the showroom floor. There should be a DOT red reflector below the seat on both sides and a yellow one on each fork leg.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks 853 that looks right. But, I bought the bike from my dealer in 94 when it got traded in for the first 916 they got. The lower fork leg has DUCATI on the side as part of the lower fork casting where the amber reflectors are. So I don't know if they are different. Also your bike is a CR. In 93 they only made 1 model. The CR and SP designation didn't come out till 94. My bike is what would be considered the SP.

BTW.....Super clean bike!

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have pics of my SP as well from 95, but they're on a different PC and they're the same. FYI: The fork leg on mine does say Ducati under the plastic stick ons.

All bikes (as in everything sold in the US by all brands) sold from 88 on has to have these reflectors per DOT regulations. I pulled them all off my 748 and my other 900ss from day one and have NEVER got called out on it. Your DMV operator must have gotten blue balled the night before...

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have pics of my SP as well from 95, but they're on a different PC and they're the same. FYI: The fork leg on mine does say Ducati under the plastic stick ons.

All bikes (as in everything sold in the US by all brands) sold from 88 on has to have these reflectors per DOT regulations. I pulled them all off my 748 and my other 900ss from day one and have NEVER got called out on it. Your DMV operator must have gotten blue balled the night before...

LMAO!!! I think your right! Thanks for the info. I'll keep a set around for when I have to go through in a couple of years.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Does anyone have any press or brochure pics of the 93 900? I have owned my bike for 15 years with out DMV issues and this year DMV failed me because of REFLECTORS!!!!! I would like to see a pic of a 93 and how they came off the showroom floor!. I was pissed because I had to go stick reflectors on my bike to pass. Man I hate the DMV!!!!

Man I hate the DMV!!!!
for doing his/her job correctly you mean? :confused:I am sure you expect people to drive their cars by the rules and not knock you off your bike, or cook your food correctly when you dine out, but how dare some guy do his job right if it inconvieniances you.:cool:

if we were sitting round in the yard drinkin beers I would pour one in your purse for bitching about that;)

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
for doing his/her job correctly you mean? :confused:I am sure you expect people to drive their cars by the rules and not knock you off your bike, or cook your food correctly when you dine out, but how dare some guy do his job right if it inconvieniances you.:cool:

if we were sitting round in the yard drinkin beers I would pour one in your purse for bitching about that;)
Hey buddy, no need to waste beer now... LOL :p

·
Registered
79 Posts
The point is (or lessen learned) is keep your OEM stuff around for situations like this.

I'll bet the 80%-90% of the bikes on this forum won't pass a "proper" DMV inspection.

May it be your Power Commander III, racing ECU chip, reflector removal, non DOT approved HID lighting kits or bulbs, carbon canister removal, LED tail lights, non DOT approved "off road only" exhaust systems, emission systems mods, the list goes on and on...

We all know most of this stuff NEVER gets nabbed by inspectors as they just want to do their jobs and get to go home on time each day, but every once and a while, you can get nabbed. Same goes for the police during a traffic stop.

It used to be well known in the car clubs that at my DMV that if you rolled up a $100 bill and placed it in the glove box of a car or under the seat of a bike, it go through no questions asked. My hot rods and most of my bikes would NEVER pass a DOT check without "help".

Too bad that inspector "went away" last year, but considering they only make about 35K per year, they're easy to become friendly with. ;)

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Look PAL all I was stating was that after 15 years of going to the same inspection station and never having a problem I was suprised that something like reflectors were all of a sudden a problem. I know the guy was just doing his job and I don't fault them for it. It just seems as though every time I go through, there is something else to be wary about. I would never fault someone for doing their job.

So......After you get done pouring that beer in my purse, I would make sure it wound up on the side of your head:D

·
Registered
131 Posts
Look PAL all I was stating was that after 15 years of going to the same inspection station and never having a problem I was suprised that something like reflectors were all of a sudden a problem. I know the guy was just doing his job and I don't fault them for it. It just seems as though every time I go through, there is something else to be wary about. I would never fault someone for doing their job.

So......After you get done pouring that beer in my purse, I would make sure it wound up on the side of your head:D
I feel for you east coast guys, I never knew they had inspection for motorcycles. When I go back there I can never understand the insane amount of cops hiding behind every tree and bridge. What are they so afraid of and who pays for all this? You can ride for a thousand miles out here in the west and not see one cop.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts