Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The whole exhaust on my SS is looking pretty ratty, with some decent rust on the couplings and welds. I have stayintune pipes which sound great, but fairly banged up as well.

When I tear down the bike later this year I'd like to deal with these cosmetic details. Could probably get front section cleaned up and coated, but open to full replacement as well. Any suggestions on a new system, or a used one I should hunt down?

Bike is for street / touring, so don't need to go crazy. Stock-ish now, but eventually will go to FCRs and possibly hi-comp pistons.

Thanks...

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
692 Posts
Exhaust Recommendation...

Hello hunde, I have an extra complete OEM exhaust with no dents, rust or flaws at all for $69.00 (+shipping). I also have for sale a rare Carbon Gio.Ca.Moto (Ducati Performance) exhaust system which can be used either way like Hi-Mount or Low-Mount as you prefer!!!! Complete fourteen (14) pieces in Mint condition for $550.00 If you want the complete set I can do a "package deal" for you!!! Like $600.00 for everything listed above.

*See attached pics showing the system in both configurations.*

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm not aware of any complete systems available new. It's hard enough just to find slipons. I went the custom route, using parts of my original system. A friend of mine is a good welder.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Motowheels used to sell complete Sil Moto systems. I have one on my track bike. I like it except for some problems fitting the mufflers into the pipes. Had to do some grinding and sanding

·
Registered
577 Posts
give them a nice polish and they'll look great if you're worried about how they look. There are threads showing the differences.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Hello hunde, I have an extra complete OEM exhaust with no dents, rust or flaws at all for $69.00 (+shipping). I also have for sale a rare Carbon Gio.Ca.Moto (Ducati Performance) exhaust system which can be used either way like Hi-Mount or Low-Mount as you prefer!!!! Complete fourteen (14) pieces in Mint condition for $550.00 If you want the complete set I can do a "package deal" for you!!! Like $600.00 for everything listed above.

*See attached pics showing the system in both configurations.*
FILTH. :D

(Buys plane ticket, buys exhaust)

Customs:

"Sir? We have a strange item in your luggage, could you explain this please?"

"It's an instrument. I'm in a Brass Band"

"Oh right. Really?" "It has a lot of pieces?"

"Alternative tunings. We do some Slipknot & Nirvana covers"

"Oh cool!" "Have a nice day!"

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ha ha, yeah, the shit I've taken on planes. Two tool bags that took them 2 hours to search and clear...

@vickon - sending a pm.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
33 Posts
Don't Monsters and SSs shared the same engine? So wouldn't a Monster's exhaust system fit on an SS (perhaps with very minor modifications)?

·
Registered
506 Posts
I had Ferracci high mounts on my 93 with FCR's and the sound was divine.

Unless you were behind me, then the sound was divine, until you went deaf.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have Ferracci carbon slip ons with Staintune headers, came with the bike, sound is head turning .

·
Registered
506 Posts
I have Ferracci carbon slip ons with Staintune headers, came with the bike, sound is head turning .
Its orgasmic, amiright?! Nobody CAN'T look when it starts up/drives by. Its what I imagine Italy should sound like.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Its orgasmic, amiright?! Nobody CAN'T look when it starts up/drives by. Its what I imagine Italy should sound like.
Who ever owned my ride B4 me also cut the top of the air box off, above 4 1/2geez she sounds just like your describing.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Who ever owned my ride B4 me also cut the top of the air box off, above 4 1/2geez she sounds just like your describing.
Top of my airbox was cut off too. The 41's sound like it'll suck the tank into it. Giving 'er the beans in 4th the whole way up the rpm band sounds like every italian opera being sung at once.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Top of my airbox was cut off too. The 41's sound like it'll suck the tank into it. Giving 'er the beans in 4th the whole way up the rpm band sounds like every italian opera being sung at once.
OOOHHHH baby, you know it too. Feels like its gonna suck your twig and berries into the carbs. When she starts pulling into the powerband the music is better than front row at Iron Maiden.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Any header other than stock will require jetting. Silmoto is fine but drags at extreme lean angles and compression. Not a problem on street. Coring stock cans is easy if you weld.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wound up getting a very clean set of OEM headers, and going to get them ceramic coated. Also got beautiful Gia co Moto / Ducati Performance high / low mount CF system, all for a good deal. This setup will really clean the bike up a lot.

If I decide to go up in power with FCRs and high-comp pistons, will look for a header system at that point...

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

1 - 16 of 16 Posts