Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The '93 900SS I just got has awesome front brakes, but the lever is a long reach and there is very little travel (like almost none!) in the lever before they bite hard. The combination of the long reach and almost no travel makes it hard to modulate. Tonight I had someone make a left turn right in front of me and grabbed too much front and howled the front tire, which is easy to do when you've got hardly any travel to full brakes.

The bike has a slave cylinder, and the levers aren't adjustable. I know the brakes has fresh pads and just had a full service. Is it something as simple as just taking a little fluid out of the front master cylinder? Is there a way to move the lever in closer, or do I just need to put adjustable levers, like the ones my 900FE has? On on hand I love the immediate power, but it makes any sort of panic stop way too exciting! If I had to brake quickly in the rain this would not end well.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
not sure on your brakes, but you can fit either the later model 4 way adjustable ducati brake levers or pazzo now do a set of 6 way brake levers that are very nice - as do asv, crg

·
Banned
2,916 Posts
The '93 900SS I just got has awesome front brakes
the system has been altered maybe, could be that the master cylinder
is from a different ducati, changing the calipper piston surface to master-
cylinder piston surface ratio to unpleasant numbers.

:think:

·
Premium Member
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I was tired when I posted last night, from staying up until 2am Tuesday screwing around with the mirrors. The slave cylinder I noted was for the clutch. The brake master cylinders are stock.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts