Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

81 - 86 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Got in touch with Jiri at Ignitech and the Sparker TCI is only $129 USD plus $36 shipping. Really a good price, the ignition box handles both coils. I may not need it though. I've been carrying a screw driver and riding and adjusting the pilot screws. Adjusting out the rough spots. The bike is now running much better. I can actually ride it without having to wrestle it. I can go through the gears in town at low RPM and I'm in the sweet spot when I turn the power on. Of course we'll see what kind of a mood the "old girl" is in tomorrow...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Ok here's the latest. No matter how I improved it, it always came back to the same thing: sputtering and bucking when at idle low or high, and then the occasional pop back on a turn. Last night I was ready to throw it in the river! I opened the carb drains and collected some gas in a clear bottle. Debris in the gas! I drained the carbs good and now its running much better, better than ever. I did have the carbs cleaned, but there must have been some varnish in the lines. When I got the bike it had bad gas in it. A very easy fix. I will check it occasionally.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
If you have to remove the carbs to clean them---Did you replace the old fuel lines--If No -why not?, Did you clean the tank (not just drain some of the old gas out)--If No why not? --If the carbs are dirty enough to need removal and cleaning what makes you think the rest of fuel system does not need the same.--Work smart Not hard

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
“If you don’t have the time to do it right, where will you find the time to do it over ?”
( my old boss)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #86 (Edited)
You guys are absolutely correct. I suppose I could mention that the reason I didn't get into the carbs myself is because I'm recovering from a chemical burning accident which left me disabled with MCS. I actually got the bike to help me retrain my brain not to over-react to chemicals. The endorphins I get from riding help to reinforce new brain maps. (The Brain that changes itself by Dr. Norman Doidge) I did change the gas filter myself but didn't feel ready to hover over the carbs just yet. I am determined to get there mostly for my health but partly to avoid the frustration of other people messing up my bike and getting paid to do it! I can do that myself for free.

81 - 86 of 86 Posts