·
Registered
1,062 Posts
thats me

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Very cool! We spoke on the phone regarding my bike when it was on craigslist and GS who speaks very highly of you.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Come by the shop sometime -I know I'm a long way away lol. But what the hell ,

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Sorry it took me a while to reply --I was in the pool lol

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
I am mostly a BMW Shop--I am a BMW Certified Master Tech, But I have been and am starting to work on a few more Belt Drive Desmo Ducati;s, It's funny when people find out you own these things and can service them they start coming out of the woodwork lol

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Yes and especially when you are known to be very particular about doing things the right way. It takes a certain kind of person no matter what the field of interest. I had a bad experience with a shop nameless, it was traumatic. I'm not expert but I like to keep things "mechanically correct".

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
There is the right way, The Wrong way, & My way---I by god will do it the right way, & My way lol-- Not the wrong way --Sometimes my way costs more but thats just the way it is. I do make modifications sometimes but they are done correctly and look as if they were done from the factory. I cant stand it when I have to work on something that is some kind of Rube Goldberg experiment gone wrong

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
yep

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
well I'm gone for the evening --Give me a call or come by the shop I'd be happy to talk to you and if I can help you in any way I can

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Coil confusion! The Ducati manual says my coil resistance should be .37 ohms primary and 3700 ohms secondary? My grey coils presently in the bike running ok, both test at 3.5 ohms primary and 12000 ohms secondary. I have another set of black coils which I just bought off evilbay that test at 5.5 primary and 22000 secondary. Can anybody shed some light on this situation?

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
.37 ohms in the Ducati manual seems really low, may be an error. I’d want to very that before I believed it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Just got back to the bike today. Still running bad. Breaking up unless at full choke. All vacuum leaks sealed. Will put in new/used coils. Present coils measure 3,5 primary and 12000 secondary. Replacement coils measure 5.5 and 22000 almost twice as much so they should be twice as hot. Since my plugs are always wet, I'm guessing that I'm not getting a good burn. Maybe the coils I've been running are too weak.

41 - 60 of 62 Posts