Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
It's alive!

Damn the new mag wheels and offset triple clamps made a huge difference when flipping the bike from side to side. Then again considering the costs on those two things they should make a difference. New carbon air runners might have added something to the tone of the bike when the revs are getting up. Makes sense that when you remove the intake noise silencers something happens. New brake pads probably need good heating up before getting to the optimal operational temp. Braking wave copy discs look good and work well too. Can't say anything about the billet rollers that Cardi made. For sure it doesn't make it slower, but comparing to what it used to be.... impossible.

Negatives. After the new carbon tank was fixed and painted it was installed in the bike. All looked good and with some little fiddling the tank went in the bike smoothly. Then it was gassed up and my mech took it for a spin. All went well, but after day or so he smelled some gasoline and what do we find there. The mounting brackets on the tank had probably taken some sort of hit too when crashed and behold we had a leak. Slightly pissed on that because the painter who fixed the tank should have checked that the tank was leak proof everywhere, not just on the crashed part. So out came the new carb tank and old steel one went back so that I could ride the bike. The tank will be fixed and installed in a week or two, so no biggie, but still... 2 Other parts that I got during winter are also on hold. The Bitubo steering damper had some faulty part and I need to source some replacement for it. Also the Brembo brake master cylinder was lacking some thing for the brake light, so it's also on hold and we'll look into that when it's not riding season.

Will go out now and get some pics.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
After the long wait my carbon tank is on! It's light and seems to have big capacity. At least 20 litres I think. Then again compared to the OEM tank it's BIG when it comes to appearance. It changes the look of the bike quite dramatically. Not sure if I like it better lookswise than OEM. Pics to follow

Other news I lost the speedometer while riding home :D I just can't believe how much little issues I have had with this bike. Tons! And of course the engine breakdown, but who's counting these. I just laugh at my luck...

·
Registered
370 Posts
I have the same exactly slippery clutch and i have no prbs with it it`s just great i use it with STM discs for that price its a very good quality but you can find them more cheap on the manufacturer site . The only prb that i have is i can`t find the neutral have no idea if it comes from changing the clutch or not even if i changed also all the fluids and oil still got this thing and is very annoying especially for town riding :(.
PS: Can you re-upload the picture please?because they are not available anymore :p

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Thinking of purchasing quick action throttle since the Yamaha one isn't enough. Which one would you ppl buy, Robbymoto or Domino? Domino is just over 70 euros and Robbymoto is over 130, so big difference there, but I want it to be just right for once. As I stated the Yamaha throttle ain't doing it for me.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
What horse power did the 924 conversion make to your 749?
Considering to big bore my 749r to 848.....
749S with Zard and a custom map did 110hp at the rear wheel.

924S with Zard and a custom map did 136hp at the same dyno. Torque was even better(can't recall the numbers though).

Last time I had some dyno work done was at a different place and because it was a little more conservative dyno it did 126hp. Anyway the comparison is what matters, so when done correctly the kit does miracles. I have to note that the cam timing wasn't checked when it was 749S, so maybe it would have done 1-2 more with cams dialed properly.

I could try to source the dyno runs done to show how nice and linear the curves are. It just pulls nicely throughout the revs.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I'll dig this old thread up for my clutch question. I still got the OEM clutch with open cover and new pressure plate. Now when it's been sitting outside the clutch had got some rain on it and the springs are rusted and really in bad shape. So I'm either gona replace the springs and caps with a fully closed carbon cover to protect it. Or I'll get some cheapo slipper clutch.

FRIZIONE ANTISALTELLAMENTO A 6 MOLLE DUCATI PERFORMANCE - SLIPPERY CLUTCH | eBay

This should be a good bargain, right? Question is what else do I need to buy. Plates? Or should I consider some other brand like STM?

FRIZIONE STM ANTISALTELLAMENTO DUCATI HYPERMOTARD 1100S | eBay

What does this need to work? Also plates? Usually these things are rather straightforward, but I find these clutches confusing.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Nice! On the STM, you'll need STM plates (more expensive, harder to find). I think.

On the Ducati slipper, regular plates from any Mfg will do. (I use Ducatis own alu-plates). Cheaper. You can re-use the steel discs if necessary.

If you go with the ducati slipper, make sure you have spare spider springs. They tend to break. It will not stop your journey, but slipper action won't work.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
So with 350 without plates the DP one is quite a steal? Don't really care how it looks like, since I'm gona put a full carbon cover on it to protect it from rain.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Well apparently I have air in the clutch, since it's not working properly now. Clutch lever has almost zero resistance and the clutch only moves like one mm or less when I pull the lever. Took the springs off and brushed them with a wire brush, but obviously that did zero to help the issue. Got to bleed the clutch on the street without a stand, since I would like to participate on that wednesday's track day organized by Ducati Finland.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Some guy tipped the bike over with his car, so once again it's under construction. Last time same thing happened 3 years ago. This bike must have some kind of curse over it :D

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Bike is up and running again. While replacing all the parts that were affected by the spill I added some small goodies.

Evotech slipper clutch.
Evotech tail tidy (brake light and indicators).
Fabbri clear racing screen.
Titax levers.

Slipper clutch is really nice and I dare to say it is also improvement for the street. It just works. I ordered full carbon cover for the clutch because I usually keep my bike in the street, so I gets some rain on it occasionally and open cover leads to rust on the plates. The rear setup looks good and light. The licence plate is what it is, but at least the lights are now nimble and nice. Fabbri screen looks good and works even better. With tinted visor in my helmet it was a small pain in the ass when you had tinted screen on your bike. Wind protection is good. Levers are quite generic, but I believe they should be high quality and reputable seller makes me sleep well during nights. I'll add some photos later.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Doing a 2 day track weekend and I ran into some misfiring issues late in the afternoon. Bike worked fine before it but then the EOBD light started flicking and after a while it started randomly misfire. Any tricks that I could try out here without doing any major fixings? Error code was 10.2 which (if I recall correctly) is horizontal coil etc.

Did some videos so when I have better connection I'll post some up.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Thanks for the tip. I'll pass the info to my mech as I dropped the bike to him yesterday evening. Saying that I guess it is obvious that it didn't miraculously cure itself over the night :D

21 - 40 of 70 Posts