Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cam timing on a 95’ 916Racing. I used Brad-the-Bike Boy’s Ducati Cam Spec guide for my initial values. See image attached. My first readings for Horizontal heads are;

IO - 39* B.T.D.C.
IC - 69* A.B.D.C.
Centerline = 105 with 431 cams

EO - 73* B.T.D.C.
EC - 35* A.T.D.C.
Centerline = 109 with “G” cams

I guess my first question is am i reading the chart right for values? And I’m assuming i will need adjustable gears to get this timed?

I’ll be doing some initial readings of the vertical heads today to see what numbers I get.
Thanks,
Raymond

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
spec wise the sp g/g gives 103 for exhaust centreline, and cors431 108 inlet centreline. but where you set them is up to you realistically. depends what you're going for here. personally, if it were mine, i'd can the g exhaust and put something smaller in it, and possibly the 431 as well. is it a fun track day bike? because if it's a race bike, you're way outgunned on one of these, and if it's a nostalgic fun bike, your service budget i'm guessing is well short of a late 90's sbk team and not up to the level of regular case replacement.

if you run these cams at the specs you'll need to rev it to "use it", and revving it will fuck it. so, i'd de-spec it somewhat to lower the rpm needed and help it live. and make it nicer to ride.

just my rant. need some context for usage.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. The heads were already re-built with 431 and "G" cams. The bike is nut and bolt build with genuine parts from 95' some slightly used or NOS. Frame is an official numbered frame. Use not yet determined. Just trying to learn and get it built.

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
well, spec or close to would be fine. not going to make a lot of difference to how it runs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts