Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm replacing a couple of exhaust valves on a mates 94 Strada and wondering if valves from any of the other models are identical?

Cheers Phyl

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,879 Posts
Someone else will have to confirm, but I believe all 748's and 916's use the same valves EXCEPT the most limited models--SPS, R, and RS. Not sure about the 996's. Those might be bigger.

·
Registered
5,137 Posts
Someone else will have to confirm, but I believe all 748's and 916's use the same valves EXCEPT the most limited models--SPS, R, and RS. Not sure about the 996's. Those might be bigger.
748 valves are smaller and 996 larger, you need 916 valves for a 916, ST4 and Monster S4 use the same engine but use different cylinder heads which are slanted (for better clearance in the frame) on the intake side, so the intake valves are shorter but I think the exhaust valves are probably the same?

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,879 Posts
748 and 916 Stradas/Bipostos aren't the same? What sizes do they use?

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
748 valves are a little longer as the valves sit lower (higher?) due to the smaller chamber. enough difference (2mm?) that you won't be able to shim them. same size (29mm) tho.

996 valves are 30mm, same length as 916 so you could cut them down if you wanted to.

the s4 and st4 have the same size valves, but with the lower exhaust cam they also have shorter valves. quite a bit.

i think 888 will be identical.

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,879 Posts
Interesting. You learn somethin' every day, huh?

The extra 748 heads I have for this winter's project are 30mm/34mm. They have new guides and are ready to go now, except I don't plan on keeping the current G grind cams so I'll have to decide on replacements to go with the 853 kit. Man, I wish I could do it all right now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts