Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I just got a set of carbon Turn signals without the cut outs. I was thinking of putting flush mounted signals but don't want to put hole in my Fairings. How did you guys do it? Ant pictures?

Sandro

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
Hi Sandro,
Do you mean you just got Carbon "Air Ducts" that don't have the turn signal mounts?

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
Yep, when I first got CF air ducts without the turn signal mounts I went with mirrors that have built-in LED signals from MotoScience.

These are made by the mirror supplier to Ducati - FAR S.p.A (same logos as on the bottom of the stock mirrors).
I opted for the "Carbon Fiber" ones but please note that they are not CF. They have a "CF pattern" printed/silk-screened on them.
Here's when I mounted them:

Note that I had to drill a small hole in the nose fairing and support (both sides) to run the wire.

I was happy with them then one day I went down and had to replace a bunch of stuff (and repaint Anatra).
I got a pair of real CF mirrors in a package deal that had signals in them.
I quickly replaced the bulbs with LED light bars from Custom Dynamics.

Now with these I don't use the "pop-in" connectors on the mirrors. The wires go through the center hole and instead of the "pop-in connectors" I use 2 aluminum bolts/washers per mirror.

There's a whole thread about mirror setups that show much more:
Ducati.ms 748/916/996/998 Mirror Setup thread
I think my CF mirrors came from the guy Kiwihame mentioned in this post but I am not sure:
Post about stock look CF mirrors
Supplier he is talking about
If you search you'll find more threads about them (warning: they're pricey).
In addition, I'm not sure if they can make them with the cut-outs and lenses or if the previous mirror owner did them.
Here's a recent picture:

Anyway, I hope this gives you more ideas... BTW, If anything happened to my CF mirrors and "Valence USA" didn't make them anymore then I would most likely go with the Oberons from MotoWheels or maybe these: MotoGadget from BellissiMoto.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts